• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search

7.1 header - center logo + split navigation

KimWrenCo

Question

Site URL: https://chameleon-grouse-yjyf.squarespace.com/config/

I am reconstructing an existing site (originally built in Wix) for a client. Is it possible in 7.1 to have a center logo with evenly split navigation links (i.e. two to the left of the logo and two to the right of the logo)? This isn't an option in the Header Layout settings. 

I've attached an image of the desired placement result. 

Thanks! 

Kim

Screen Shot 2020-07-15 at 7.52.33 AM.png

Edited by KimWrenCo
clarification
  • Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Posts

Thanks @tuanphan - in the end I ended up cheating as the code I used above became tricky on pages where the logo wasn't hidden. Instead I've ended up utilising the email and social media elements

Posted Images

11 answers to this question

You need CSS + JavaScript to achieve this. This requires Business Plan.

Complicated.

You can send your question to my email to get faster answer. / How to Setup Password & Share URL 

-- I'm Tuan, work for a non-profit project (build free libraries). I check the forum once or twice a day to help out the community. If you don't see me answering your question, you can send it to the email above. 

On 9/4/2020 at 6:29 PM, Kwamzilla said:

@tuanphan could you help me with it?

Can you share site url? We can check easier.

You can send your question to my email to get faster answer. / How to Setup Password & Share URL 

-- I'm Tuan, work for a non-profit project (build free libraries). I check the forum once or twice a day to help out the community. If you don't see me answering your question, you can send it to the email above. 

2 minutes ago, Kwamzilla said:

Did anyone have any luck with this?

I answered Juicebox in his post.

I'm trying to solve the issue by playing with the margins/padding of the navigation links - my client isn't willing to pay for a business plan so I'm relying solely on CSS.

I need to test it more thoroughly, but so far it seems to be doing the trick.

I used the following code:

// Navigation Links Spacing //
.header-nav-item:nth-child(3) a {
padding-left: 100px!important;}
.header-nav-item:nth-child(2) a {
margin-left: 0px!important;
margin-right: 450px!important;}

Screenshot 2020-10-17 at 01.46.16.png

On 10/17/2020 at 7:48 AM, Webswool said:

I'm trying to solve the issue by playing with the margins/padding of the navigation links - my client isn't willing to pay for a business plan so I'm relying solely on CSS.

I need to test it more thoroughly, but so far it seems to be doing the trick.

I used the following code:

// Navigation Links Spacing //
.header-nav-item:nth-child(3) a {
padding-left: 100px!important;}
.header-nav-item:nth-child(2) a {
margin-left: 0px!important;
margin-right: 450px!important;}

You can try using position relative with negative value for left for nth-child(3), recently I solved for a member using this approach

Thanks @tuanphan - in the end I ended up cheating as the code I used above became tricky on pages where the logo wasn't hidden.

Instead I've ended up utilising the email and social media elements and using the header button for the contact phone number. Have attached photo. It's a simple fix but it's done the job for this particular project!

Screenshot 2020-10-19 at 11.06.38.png