7.1 Anchor Links - FREE!!!!

I've been working hard on this, on and off for a few months.

I've had it working for a while, but it was never perfect.

Today I finally decided to try and wrap it up.

If you are interested, I will need you to send me a PM. I need to get a little more testing done to make its its 100%.

This is where I am at so far. If I am missing anything, let me know.

• Allows for custom link text, so you will be able to see mysite.com/home#customtext, not a bunch of gibberish
  • Correct anchor position, right at the top of the section, not below the padding by adding an anchor in a code block
  • Correct location on a page refresh
  • Correct location on a redirect from a different page
  • Fast and efficient, the only hold up in the code is waiting for 7.1 to load

THIS IS FREE!!!

This isn't a plug in, to be honest I don't even know what a plug in looks like for squarespace.

This is code I wrote, that I use on my customers sites. Its been changed, evolved, modified, over the past 6 months, and anyone is welcome to use it.

Anyway, if anyone wants to test it out, and help me get to the final stage of this, let me know via PM.

Thanks.

• paul2009 pinned and unpinned this topic
  • 5 weeks later...

Hi! I been able to set up one anchor link on my main navigation page that works/scrolls fine, but I've had no luck using them on any other page... this sounds like it might be a solution! Do you mind sharing your code? Thanks for your help!

You will need to basically subtract the height of the header, factoring in the change of the smaller header, because that element doesn't exist until you scroll down.

Assuming squarespace didn't change any of that in the latest update.

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...