• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search
yazzi

7.1 Hide "Account Login" from header navigation menu

Question

Site URL: https://highvibebiz.com

Can someone provide the CSS to hide Account Login from the header navigation menu on squarespace 7.1?

I currently have this code on my site to remove the Login Link in the Header Navigation Menu. The first display code works, but the word "Account'", would still appear for one second.
The second line of code was added to remove the margin around the link.
The third line of code was added so that you couldn't see the word "Account" load.
Unfortunately, when you load the page, you can still see the navigation menu shift from left to right as each of these codes are happening consecutively after the other. 

/*customer account login */
.user-accounts-link.loaded .user-accounts-text-link {
   display: none !important;
}
.header-actions--right .customerAccountLoginDesktop {
margin: 0 !important;
}
body:not(.tweak-transparent-header) .user-accounts-text-link  {
    color: #ffffff !important;
}

11 answers to this question

Add to Home > Design > Custom CSS

.user-accounts-link {
    visibility: hidden !important;
    opacity: 0 !important;
    color: white !important;
    font-size: 0 !important;
}

You can send your question to my email to get faster answer. / How to Setup Password & Share URL 

-- I'm Tuan. I work for a non-profit project (build free libraries). I check the forum once or twice a day to help out the community. If you don't see me answering your question, you can send it to the email above. There are so many questions every day so I can't answer them all at once, I will try to answer them in the next few days.

On 7/15/2020 at 4:45 AM, tuanphan said:

Add to Home > Design > Custom CSS

.user-accounts-link {
    color: white !important;
}

@tuanphan I was having the same problem where I have a custom icon for user account added to the menu options and the login text and the icon was appearing in the same space.  My intent is to remove the login text and just show the icon.  I used the snippet that you provided above, but I now have the issue where both the icon and the login have been removed from the menu page (see attached).  I would like the icon to appear between the contact menu text and the shopping bag icon.

Again my website is still private @ https://sunfish-alligator-jggp.squarespace.com/config/ pass $Square567.  Looking forward to your response.. 🙂

menu options remove login and add icon.jpg

13 hours ago, phowlett said:

@tuanphan I was having the same problem where I have a custom icon for user account added to the menu options and the login text and the icon was appearing in the same space.  My intent is to remove the login text and just show the icon.  I used the snippet that you provided above, but I now have the issue where both the icon and the login have been removed from the menu page (see attached).  I would like the icon to appear between the contact menu text and the shopping bag icon.

Again my website is still private @ https://sunfish-alligator-jggp.squarespace.com/config/ pass $Square567.  Looking forward to your response.. 🙂

Remove this code

.user-accounts-link {
    color: #fff !important;
}

Add this code

.user-accounts-link a {
    color: transparent !important;
}

You can send your question to my email to get faster answer. / How to Setup Password & Share URL 

-- I'm Tuan. I work for a non-profit project (build free libraries). I check the forum once or twice a day to help out the community. If you don't see me answering your question, you can send it to the email above. There are so many questions every day so I can't answer them all at once, I will try to answer them in the next few days.

this is so great @tuanphan !

Is there a way to have that user-accounts-link elsewhere while hiding it from the header? 

I'd love to have it as a button on a single page

Thank you so much!

13 hours ago, kfalconer said:

this is so great @tuanphan !

Is there a way to have that user-accounts-link elsewhere while hiding it from the header? 

I'd love to have it as a button on a single page

Thank you so much!

Can you share site url? We can check easier.

11 hours ago, kfalconer said:

@tuanphan - Thank you!

it is https://www.consciouscity.guide/

password: love

I don't see log in here. Do you still need help on this?

On 9/16/2020 at 3:57 AM, kfalconer said:

thank you @tuanphan! I hid the log-in using the code you offered but deleted that code now. 

Thanks for any help!

Add to Home > design > Custom CSS

.header-actions .user-accounts-link {
    display: none;
}