Image Reveal on Hover of Text Link

Site URL: https://www.kelseyeaton.com/

Hi! 

I want to add an image reveal when you hover over a text link in a section of my home page like the demo below. I have a business plan, if that helps. I'm not a developer, so if you can explain like I'm five years old how to do this that it would be much appreciated! Haha! I have attached the images that I want to use to this post (titles of images align with the text link they belong to).

My Home Page (scroll down to "Selected Works" section for the list of text links): https://www.kelseyeaton.com/

Demo: https://tympanus.net/Development/RapidImageHoverMenuEffects/index2.html

GitHub Files: https://github.com/codrops/RapidImageHoverMenuEffects/

Edited by k3ats
removed images that were not helpful

On 7/15/2020 at 3:50 AM, tuanphan said:

Can you add Image Blocks under Text Blocks? Then i will check the code to create above effect.

I can add image blocks next to the text blocks but not under them. I don't know how to do that 😞 . Would adding image blocks next to the text blocks work?

EDIT: I could also do something like this (screenshot), where I add an image block and the caption text over it with "Overlap" . Does that work better?

Screen Shot 2020-07-16 at 8.12.11 AM.png

Edited by k3ats
More info
1 hour ago, k3ats said:

I can add image blocks next to the text blocks but not under them. I don't know how to do that 😞 . Would adding image blocks next to the text blocks work?

EDIT: I could also do something like this (screenshot), where I add an image block and the caption text over it with "Overlap" . Does that work better?

Yes, i think it will be better. Try adding & let me know. I will check.

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

• 5 months later...
4 hours ago, _the_new_artist said:

Hi,

I am trying to do the same thing on my website, but not on the homepage: www.thenewartist.co.uk/the-artists. I want an image to appear on hover across the list of names on this page. How can I adapt this code so it doesn't refer to homepage but to the page I want?

Thanks!!

You can portfolio page for this feature

Portfolio Pages – Squarespace Help

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date picker form field)
💫 Gallery block 7.1 workaround
🥳 Sparkplugin Customisations Browsers (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Elfsight Template Browsers (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!

• 7 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Hey @tuanphan do you have a code that would work on fluid engine 7.1 and isn't the homepage?

I would love the image to smoothly follow the cursor not just appear if possible

looking to achieve this on the 'inspired by' section: www.moonlitdesign.uk/our-story

Edited by moonlitdesign
23 hours ago, moonlitdesign said:

Hey @tuanphan do you have a code that would work on fluid engine 7.1 and isn't the homepage?

I would love the image to smoothly follow the cursor not just appear if possible

looking to achieve this on the 'inspired by' section: www.moonlitdesign.uk/our-story

You can see this comment

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)