• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search

Third Party SSL Provider vs Squarespace SSL

Michal_Konopko

Question

Hey, quick question. 

My client bought as SSL form third part providers and she wants me to connect it to the SQ website. I forgot to tell her that SQ space has SSL included.  So my questions is: 

- Can I connect it to SQ Space (https://www.names.co.uk/ssl

- Is there any difference between SQ space SSL and https://www.names.co.uk/ssl ? Is one better than the other? Any difference? 

- I want to suggest to my client to stick to SQ space SSL and don't bother with third party provider? 

What you think? I have no knowledge how the SSL protocols work. 

Thank you. 

Screenshot 2020-07-13 at 2.10.49 pm.png

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

1 answer to this question

52 minutes ago, Michal_Konopko said:

My client bought as SSL form third part providers and she wants me to connect it to the SQ website.

You cannot connect a third-party SSL certificate directly to Squarespace, but in 99% of cases, you shouldn't need one. The built-in certificate solution provides everything that you need to secure the website and protect ecommerce payments, at no additional expense.

Some clients requires an EV (Extended Validation) certificate to prove that their website is genuine and owned by a legal entity (for example a bank needs one) but these organisations wouldn't normally use Squarespace.

sf-digital-signature-logo-email145.png.46606a2288a2847f44d81b9b7b58f3a5.png
Hi! I'm Paul, an independent Squarespace Consultant since 2007 and founder of SF Digital, building the features that Squarespace didn't include. Our mini-extensions allow you to pick dates in any format, show prices in other currencies, take orders without payment or improve your cartI value honesty, integrity, transparency and respect . Links in my posts may refer to SF Digital products or may be affiliate links.