Orientation of product images

@dweiss28

I don't know.

Please post the URL for your site.

If your site is not public please set up a site-wide password, if you've not already done so.

Post the password here.

Adding a site-wide password is not a security breach. Please read the documentation at the link provided to understand how it works.

We can then take a look at your issue.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

28 minutes ago, creedon said:

@dweiss28

I don't know.

Please post the URL for your site.

If your site is not public please set up a site-wide password, if you've not already done so.

Post the password here.

Adding a site-wide password is not a security breach. Please read the documentation at the link provided to understand how it works.

https://www.danielweissphotography.com/

@dweiss28

Add the following to Store Settings > Advanced > Page Header Code Injection.

<style>

.ProductItem-gallery-slides-item-image {

object-fit : contain !important;

}

</style>

This is for v7.1.

Let us know how it goes.

Edited by creedon

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@creedon

Yes thanks so much for this fix! I did have a question to add though. 

With the portrait images - they show aligned with their product title but with the landscape images they show up much further down aligned with the price. I wondered if there was anyway to have them align with the title the same as with the portrait orientation images? I don't know how complicated that would be to fix?!

Thanks for any help

Screenshot 2021-05-14 at 12.33.08.png

Screenshot 2021-05-14 at 12.33.39.png

@Beck

Please post the URL for a page on your site with a landscape oriented image.

Post the password here.

@Beck

Try the following.

<style>

object-position : 50% 0 !important;

}

</style>

This is for v7.1.

Let us know how it goes.

• 2 weeks later...

@creedon 

I've tried both the codes but i've been having the same problem 😕

When I'm on mobile view looking at a product image, the image looks fine. However, once i click it, the image turns into vertical a vertical crop & crops out most of the image.

Any suggestions?

Thank you

Creator of ivorycolors.net & stoplitteringtoday.org

@jeffreyzie

Please post the URL for a page on your site where you are having this issue.

Post the password here.

Hey having same issues with images!! Argh! LOL. The issue is that the images submitted (this is for an artist auction for a fundraising event for the organization) are in square, portrait, and landscape orientations and I need the store and product detail pages to display the entire image and not crop anything - and I still want the image size to sit within the 1:1 square orientation I have set for the products. How can I accomplish this?

40 minutes ago, DunkinDonuts said:

Hey having same issues with images!! Argh! LOL. The issue is that the images submitted (this is for an artist auction for a fundraising event for the organization) are in square, portrait, and landscape orientations and I need the store and product detail pages to display the entire image and not crop anything - and I still want the image size to sit within the 1:1 square orientation I have set for the products. How can I accomplish this?

What is your site url

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date picker form field)
💫 Gallery block 7.1 workaround
🥳 Sparkplugin Customisations Browsers (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Elfsight Template Browsers (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...

@NCart

Add the code to Store Settings > Advanced > Page Header Code Injection.

This is mentioned earlier in the thread.

Edited by creedon

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone!  I'm having the same issue with my website and have tried pasting the provided codes (in the right places I think) and nothing is changing.  I have both landscape and portrait paintings listed on my site but my "Site Styles" image aspect ratio setting is currently set to 3:2 standard, which is cropping my portrait paintings. I think I'm still on 7.0 and my template is Brine.  Here's my URL: www.kristenpreble.com.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

On 8/2/2021 at 2:36 AM, kristenp said:

Hello everyone!  I'm having the same issue with my website and have tried pasting the provided codes (in the right places I think) and nothing is changing.  I have both landscape and portrait paintings listed on my site but my "Site Styles" image aspect ratio setting is currently set to 3:2 standard, which is cropping my portrait paintings. I think I'm still on 7.0 and my template is Brine.  Here's my URL: www.kristenpreble.com.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Add to Design > Custom CSS

.tweak-product-list-image-aspect-ratio-32-standard .ProductList-outerImageWrapper {
    padding-bottom: 100% !important;
}
img.ProductList-image.ProductList-image--primary.loaded {
    width: 100% !important;
    height: auto !important;
    top: 0 !important;
    left: 0 !important;
}

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

Hi there, I am a photographer

I'd like to have a website that shows only landscape photos when you are on a computer or laptop and only portraits photographs when you are on your mobile.
No idea if I have to have two different galleries of photos or can the photos be identified by the tool that shows the photos in the website as vertical or horizontal?
Is it clear?
I can't and don't want to cut or crop my photos...

@frankbalbi

Two different galleries or photos might be used. Essentially you want to hide or show one of the two galleries or photos depending on orientation. Landscape or portrait.

Another would be to make all the images the same size. Don't crop but decide for example that all image will be in landscape. Then alter the portrait image to have a transparent border on each side.

What method you use depends on your needs. The later "solution" would be easier in that would be less custom code. But you'd lose some image detail because one of the orientations would be trying to fit in the space of the other. And you'd have to manipulate the images themselves with something like Photoshop.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, 

I am a photographer and I want to show in the e-shop photos in landscape or portrait, depends on the picture.

I tried this but it doesn't work.

thx

<style>

}

</style>

@SRLB

Please post the URL for your store/product page on your site.

Post the password here.