Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search

Orientation of product images

Hey,

My product images seem to either be cropped to all portrait or all landscape. I need some to be portrait and some landscape and I'm selling a range of photography. Am using version 7.1. Otherwise I really just want my photos to display as they are originally with no auto-cropping! How can I turn this off?

Would appreciate any help!

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey, My product images seem to either be cropped to all portrait or all landscape. I need some to be portrait and some landscape and I'm selling a range of photography. Am using version 7.1. Othe

Hello my site is currently having the same problem when viewing on mobile where it doesn't show full image instead a cropped vertical version of it my site is zaccoonan.com/shop I do not know where to

Hello, how do I see what you messaged me 

Posted Images

You can set up the css for the image as

img {
	width: 100%;
	hight: auto;
}

If you need specific help, kindly share your current site url,

Greeting, it's BaNgan from BeyondSpace, I am Squarespace dev focus on provide solutions to enhance feature that squarespace.com can't provide.
Feel free to check my current Squarespace Plugins Developement, Advanced Product Delivery Date Time PickerGeolocation Automatic Currency Converter, Sortable Table from GSheet
If you find my answer fit your need, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you

Hi Bangank, 

I can't send the site url as the website hasn't been published yet but I've attached a screenshot of one product page that the photo needs to be auto height. I'm fairly new to changing the css. Do I literally just cut and paste that css to the custom CSS section as in the screenshot. How do I specify which (or all images) to be auto height?

Thanks for your help

image.thumb.png.bd487ac17959b8b53fbd392e74c6b448.png

13 hours ago, bangank36 said:

img {
}

Thanks bangank, please see what I just replied above with. 

Cheers

On 7/13/2020 at 10:15 AM, Jess-2020 said:

Thanks bangank, please see what I just replied above with. 

Cheers

Hi there

You can create a temp password for the access

Greeting, it's BaNgan from BeyondSpace, I am Squarespace dev focus on provide solutions to enhance feature that squarespace.com can't provide.
Feel free to check my current Squarespace Plugins Developement, Advanced Product Delivery Date Time PickerGeolocation Automatic Currency Converter, Sortable Table from GSheet
If you find my answer fit your need, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you

• 2 months later...

Hello! I too am having issues with images!! Argh! LOL

The issue is that the images submitted (this is for an artist auction for a fundraising event for the organization) are in square, portrait, and landscape orientations and I need the store and product detail pages to display the entire image and not crop anything - and I still want the image size to sit within the 1:1 square orientation I have set for the products. How can I accomplish this?

On 9/30/2020 at 11:24 PM, JPWilkinson said:

Hello! I too am having issues with images!! Argh! LOL

The issue is that the images submitted (this is for an artist auction for a fundraising event for the organization) are in square, portrait, and landscape orientations and I need the store and product detail pages to display the entire image and not crop anything - and I still want the image size to sit within the 1:1 square orientation I have set for the products. How can I accomplish this?

You should send me your site url so a proper solution can be provided

5 hours ago, JPWilkinson said:

Unfortunately, the site is still being worked on and is not publicly available. Would screenshots work? If so, what would I send you??

You can set up private temp password and remove it after it done

Hi

I have the same issue (need to have both landscape and portrait format). The assistance of squarespace is not able to deliver any practical solution. 

Having never used CSS, what is the practical process to achieve to the solution you propose?

thanks 

To add CSS, go to Design -> Custom CSS
Could you show your current site?

• 1 month later...
On 7/12/2020 at 11:42 PM, bangank36 said:

img {
}

Hello my site is currently having the same problem when viewing on mobile where it doesn't show full image instead a cropped vertical version of it my site is zaccoonan.com/shop I do not know where to inject this code.

1 hour ago, ZacCoonan said:

Hello my site is currently having the same problem when viewing on mobile where it doesn't show full image instead a cropped vertical version of it my site is zaccoonan.com/shop I do not know where to inject this code.

I sent solution via the message

6 hours ago, ZacCoonan said:

Hello, how do I see what you messaged me 

are you Kristy Coonan? I just replied your mail