Minimum Quantity Per Product

Has there been any news about an implementation of a Minimum Item Quantity Purchase for individual products?

I saw that a minimum order subtotal was implemented, but that doesn't help my situation.  Right now I'm using a work-around for each item page, but the customers can change the quantity in checkout to below the minimum.

From what I read, I'm not the only person who's been wanting a feature similar to the attached image.
Has there been any progress or work done in that area?  It's the number one thing that I'm missing from Squarespace that other platforms offer.

Screen Shot 2020-07-11 at 17.29.10.png

Edited by VAOMusik
6 hours ago, VAOMusik said:

Has there been any news about an implementation of a Minimum Item Quantity Purchase for individual products? Right now I'm using a work-around for each item page, but the customers can change the quantity in checkout to below the minimum.

In my opinion, this is unlikely to be implemented any time soon.  However, you can add your voice to requests for this feature by logging a ticket with Squarespace Customer Support

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 1 month later...
17 minutes ago, EmilyDunlay said:

Would there be a way to set the QTY drop down to start at a certain number (such as 4) instead of 1?

Yes, you can do this with JavaScript by setting the min attribute to "4".  Two things worth noting:

• You will also need to add code to prevent the customer reducing the quantity on the cart page.
  • You cannot prevent customers reducing the quantity below "4" when they reach the checkout page, because this page cannot be coded.

If this helps you, please click "Like" below  ⬇️

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Well, new to squarespace. I convinced my client that Squarespace was a full solution for their "store" website 🙂 ... the first thing they asked after gone live is: "Please set the minimum order/quantity for an specific product" and here I am finding out there is not solution for it.

Edited by Macamba
  • 9 months later...

@paul2009 - Hey Paul, 

I was hoping you could tell me if this solution (code) is freely available to in-put into the code?

I'm trying to give my clients a minimum order of 10 units per item... how would you change the number in the quantity option to 10 visually? Even if you can change it at the checkout. 

I guess with the e-commerce as it is - you will have to explain explicitly to each customer through the buying process that your minimum is 10 per item and even if they don't do that you still have the level of security as the transaction doesn't go through unless you fulfil the item right? There are ways around this just frustrating to not have the option. 

Best,
Nick 

• 5 months later...
On 6/15/2021 at 7:20 AM, Nick.Loubser said:

What is the solution you have found for this issue?

The original poster didn’t have a solution. They provided a screenshot from an entirely different platform - BigCommerce - to show what they wanted to achieve. Unfortunately, it isn’t currently possible on Squarespace. 

On 9/11/2020 at 5:28 AM, Macamba said:

Well, new to squarespace. I convinced my client that Squarespace was a full solution for their "store" website 🙂 ... the first thing they asked after gone live is: "Please set the minimum order/quantity for an specific product" and here I am finding out there is not solution for it.

I had to JS mine as well..... and it sucks cause customers CAN edit their order in the payment page, I had a few dodgy customers editing their orders.....