Feedback on new Wine Website

Site URL: http://www.lesommelier.com

Hello!

This is my first time posting to this forum!

If any of you have the time to check out my latest webdev, and give me some feedback, I would be forever greatful.

www.lesommelier.com

Some key points:
- Went through some sticky situations trying to find ways to provide free shipping on cart total (used the free shipping by weight instead, and just added all product prices to their weights).
- Alcohol is not support by Shopify's payment processing, so had to go with PayPal. If anyone reading this knows of other options for Canadian Alcohol retails, please let me know!

Thanks!

• Replies 5
  • Views 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...

Congratulations on your new site! I'm a fellow new website designer, so feel free to take my feedback with a grain of salt. 

- Overall, clean & professional! I like both the website and packaging logos - eye-catching, relevant, and with a touch of humor

- I did not immediately grasp what your website was about in the first 10 seconds, then realized you are a retailer for both wine and wine gear. I wonder if it'd be helpful to have a line or two in your header unpacking with a "wine agency" is about? Alternatively, maybe the shopping tab could be emphasized somehow in the main navigation? 

- News page: Lots of great content! However, the tiles are a little small and text a little big, so it felt a bit crowded to me. Maybe do 4-5 "tiles" per row instead of the current 7, and adjust the text size?

- About Us: some of the photo quality seemed to be lower res and grainy

All in all, looks good! Best of luck with your shop 🙂

Archived