Page speed and Google ranking SS 7.0

Site URL: https://www.thehongkongfixer.com/

Hello from HK, 

First and before anything else: I hope all of you out there are doing fine. 

In these tough times, it is crucial our online presence serves our purposes. I love SS and it's user friendly modern design . Just like many have noted in a few forums , it is obvious my site's speed and loading is bad and that we my site does not rank as high as it should. We have implemented many of SS SEO's best practices and since Google has put an even more strong emphasis on first content paint and other speed indicators, it seems our efforts are in vain. The shitiest wordpress competitor wsite ranks better than we do . In thoe past we have compensated this with ad buy ..an expensive proposition. All replies by SS lead back to " oh but lighhouse" does not paint an acurate picture. I do not care about lighthouse or pingdom or any other tool. I just want to rank on first page for my industry. I am crying in despair here. 

It seems SS does not intend to address CSS and other issues...so ..back to WP? And maybe, I am no developer, I am missing something.......I just want to make films!

Any help, strategy  at all is very welcome . 

Thank you and be safe all, 

Kind regards

David

Screenshot 2020-07-10 at 11.32.07 AM.png

• Replies 7
  • Views 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am also facing with the speed of my site. I had wprocket installed on the site but I had to delete it since there was some kind of a big. Ever since I have deleted that the speed has gone down. Even though I have lighthouse cache plugin and Smush installed my mobile speed in google page index is just 45. I have tried so many things and it is not driving me crazy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 7/10/2020 at 6:19 AM, thehongkongfixer said:

Site URL: https://www.thehongkongfixer.com/

Hello from HK, 

First and before anything else: I hope all of you out there are doing fine. 

In these tough times, it is crucial our online presence serves our purposes. I love SS and it's user friendly modern design . Just like many have noted in a few forums , it is obvious my site's speed and loading is bad and that we my site does not rank as high as it should. We have implemented many of SS SEO's best practices and since Google has put an even more strong emphasis on first content paint and other speed indicators, it seems our efforts are in vain. The shitiest wordpress competitor wsite ranks better than we do . In thoe past we have compensated this with ad buy ..an expensive proposition. All replies by SS lead back to " oh but lighhouse" does not paint an acurate picture. I do not care about lighthouse or pingdom or any other tool. I just want to rank on first page for my industry. I am crying in despair here. 

It seems SS does not intend to address CSS and other issues...so ..back to WP? And maybe, I am no developer, I am missing something.......I just want to make films!

Any help, strategy  at all is very welcome . 

Thank you and be safe all, 

Kind regards

David

Screenshot 2020-07-10 at 11.32.07 AM.png

Friendly greetings.

You need to review your SEO, your website is not falling off the search indexes because of the loading time, loading times are a very slim SEO enhancement. Trust me on that. You have multiple H1 tags on the page and very little order telling a search engine how to organize the page, you in-content linking is non-existent. You have no relevant incontent keywords, you have no decent alt-tags and all your images should be properly optimized which means resize and upload again. Do that, and it might improve your positions, but at least it will be properly optimized for apparent success. However, none of this, or anything you have said will give you 1st place in the search engines. If you want that, you will need to pay for placement. As a Mandolorian once said. "This is the way"

We provide digital marketing services for businesses that need exposure/sales from search and social media networks. We also build incredibly fast and well optimised multi-language Square Space websites.
Digital Marketing | Marketing Digitale

Archived