How to find/select proper template & domain

Hi... If this is in the wrong category, my apologies. My existing website is informational only (nothing for sale). I collect victorian writing equipment and the site was built in order to assist other collectors and also provides links to related, interesting writing equipment websites. My website is with another hosting service and I've run into major problems (they say I have too many images) and I can no longer even edit my site due to issues and their response has been to simply tell me to start over with wordpress. I am in need of a stable hosting environment to rebuild my site in. So I have two questions :
1) I have viewed MANY of the Squarespace templates and cannot find anything that appears to be useful for handling collections so that I can simply - identify an item with a "label", provide a brief description of the item, and also provide several images of the item. It's a very simple, almost grid-like display of items, grouped together within various categories. I currently have about 600+ items and several thousand images. Do Squarespace have any templates that would work for this?
2) I prefer to use the same domain name but don't want to shut it down until I know I have a working site elsewhere. Is that possible with Squarespace and if so is there a tutorial on how to accomplish that?

• Replies 0
  • Views 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived