How the trigger the "Login" window

I created a custom Log in button at a completely different placement than the standard one, now I'm wondering how to change the properties of this button to trigger the "UserAccountLink" instead of choosing a page. 

I can't see any type of navigation in the inspector except for the "href="#"", In my mind this simply says that there is something else that triggers the navigation, such as a onClick handle for the button. 

This is the HTML properties of the ORIGINAL Login button : 

<div class="user-accounts-link header-nav-item header-nav-item--collection customerAccountLoginDesktop loaded" data-controller="UserAccountLink" data-animation-role="header-element" data-controllers-bound="UserAccountLink">
                <a class="user-accounts-text-link header-nav-item" href="#" data-animation-role="header-element">
  <span class="unauth">Login</span>  
</a>
</div>

I'm wondering if all of these properties has to match the properties of my new button, or if it's simply enough with the class etc. 

Thank you for taking your time reading/answering, I have little to no experience in HTML & Javascript. 

• Replies 0
  • Views 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived