Preferred browser for editing 7.1 templates?

Trying to use Safari 13.1.1 in Mac OS 10.15.5 (Catalina) to edit a 7.1 template.  Incredibly glitchy: after I make a single change, I'll suddenly be put back at the top of the page, even though I need to change other items in a field.  Perhaps I'll click the pencil icon and not get into edit mode.  I'll make color adjustments that not only don't stay, but again I'm simply taken to the top of the page.  There's no rhyme or reason why or when any oddity will happen, though it's frequent.  I can't concentrate on what content I want to create since I seem to be fighting the system so much.  Are there incompatibilities I'm not aware of?  Should I be using Firefox or Chrome?  I don't recall this happening two years ago when I was working with 7.0.  Thank you!

• Replies 6
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, knights_of_old said:

When I click the pencil icon in a block, nothing happens.  Was previously editing fine all day.  tried restarting computer, browser, and logging out and in to squarespace.  nothing.

I am currently having the exact same problem. Pencil icon does nothing - tried FireFox, Safari, Chrome... none work. I've scoured help etc. but have found no reference to this but plenty here in the forums. Has anyone had any answers about this?

7 minutes ago, KEY_Art said:

I am currently having the exact same problem. Pencil icon does nothing - tried FireFox, Safari, Chrome... none work. I've scoured help etc. but have found no reference to this but plenty here in the forums. Has anyone had any answers about this?

No answers yet and as always... great timing......

I created a thread about it.

Archived