Subscription and Selecting Domain Name

Hi,  I was trying to figure out how subscriptions work vis-a-vis the number of domains I can set up and whether I have to pay the subscription for each domain name I use.  

Presently I have one custom domain name registered via Squarespace where I've been testing the demo web site design tools.  I realize that I will not use this Squarespace-hosted custom domain name for the final web site.  I have since purchased additional custom domains names from another company that I will eventually transfer to Squarespace with the final goal having all these domain names point to the same single site.  The 'main' web site address will be one of these new domain names not yet registered at Squarespace.

If I purchase a web site hosting subscription now (before moving the final 'main' domain name to Squarespace) do I need to purchase a new subscription for the new domain name(s)?  Or can I design the site with the temporary Squarespace-hosted domain name and then later move the web site to a new domain name without having to purchase the subscription again?

Thanks

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Every custom domain you create has a yearly charge, from Squarespace if they manage it or from a third party. I think Sqarespace may provide one for the first year of a new site for free. I prefer SS hosted domains because it includes all you need ssl certifiacates, etc. No free custom email however. 

https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/articles/206541787-Free-Squarespace-Domain-offer

Archived