Moving Poster Blocks around your page

Site URL: https://www.productionguildireland.com

Hi there, 

I designed my site a few months ago and the main elements of the site are several pages of poster blocks displaying the members of our organisation. The issue arises when I need to add an additional poster block to these pages as new members join up.

Once I generate the poster block,  I will try to move it into place. When I start to move the block, black lines usually appear on the page, they seem to act as both a guide and a barrier to where you can put the poster block. However, I have no idea how to change these lines so I can control where my blocks go. They also don't seem to have any rhyme or reason as to where they allow you to place your poster block and are different on every page.  

As you can probably guess, I'm not a savvy trained website designer. I have tried to find videos or help on the forum and various other Squarespace help options but Im either using the wrong search terms or the help does not exist yet. I don't imagine Im the only person with this issue so I'm hoping the Squarespace community can help. 

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey productionguildireland, 

Squarespace has some great help guides that I'd recommend that you have a look at as a starting point to get more familiar with arranging blocks on a page and the guidelines that display when you drag blocks around. There are some short videos at the top of each guide, which you may find helpful as well:

Creating columns and rows with blocks
Moving blocks

If you feel you still need assistance after you had a look into these resources, feel free to get in touch with Squarespace Customer Support. They'd be more than happy to offer personalized assistance at anytime.

Archived