Switching to Shopify

Site URL: https://www.hellohappyskin.com.au/

Hi all, 

I'm considering switching my store to shopify as my payment gateway while still using my squarespace site because i would like to add in multiple currencies based on geolocation and to add afterpay. I need advice on:

1. if switching, will it screw up my facebook pixel? 

2. when I switch over will it affect other payment methods i already have connected on the site such as paypal? 

3. would I have to rebuild each product description again from 0?

4. is there a way to get a refund of the remainder of the stripe subscription considering I have not used the full year subscription? 

If anyone has experience from doing this themselves, I'd love to get your opinion. 

thanks in advance!

• Replies 4
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, anna66chocolate said:

I'm considering switching my store to shopify as my payment gateway while still using my squarespace site. If anyone has experience from doing this themselves, I'd love to get your opinion

Hi 

I wrote a guide about using Shopify Buy Buttons with Squarespace that may help you. To answer your specific questions:

When a customer adds a product to the cart, this transaction and the remaining steps to checkout will not be occurring on Squarespace, they'll be happening on Shopify. The pixel on Squarespace therefore won't track AddtoCart, InitiateCheckout, AddPaymentInfo, Purchase and so on. Shopify has similar features.

2. when I switch over will it affect other payment methods i already have connected on the site such as paypal? 

The Shopify checkout will replace the Squarespace checkout. Your Squarespace payment integrations (PayPal and Stripe) won't be used. 

There are various ways to integrate them. As a minimum, you'll need to add some basic details (including an image) for each product within Shopify.

4. is there a way to get a refund of the remainder of the stripe subscription considering I have not used the full year subscription? 

Can you clarify what you mean? I'm not aware of any subscription costs to use Stripe.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

8 minutes ago, paul2009 said:

Hi 

I wrote a guide about using Shopify Buy Buttons with Squarespace that may help you. To answer your specific questions:

When a customer adds a product to the cart, this transaction and the remaining steps to checkout will not be occurring on Squarespace, they'll be happening on Shopify. The pixel on Squarespace therefore won't track AddtoCart, InitiateCheckout, AddPaymentInfo, Purchase and so on. Shopify has similar features.

The Shopify checkout will replace the Squarespace checkout. Your Squarespace payment integrations (PayPal and Stripe) won't be used. 

There are various ways to integrate them. As a minimum, you'll need to add some basic details (including an image) for each product within Shopify.

Can you clarify what you mean? I'm not aware of any subscription costs to use Stripe.

Hi Paul! 

Thanks a lot for the detailed info... this is very helpful information. When a customer initiates the checkout then and the site uses shopify, will it run seamlessly through squarespace... as in so it looks like it's running through the same website in squarespace or will it redirect the customer to a checkout on shopify? 

What I meant by question 4 was, annually you pay the subscription to squarespace for the using th shop feature... I just went through it now again to double check and I think I've answered my own question because I thought that payment was to stripe, but its for the whole site... so thats a void question :)

12 minutes ago, anna66chocolate said:

will it run seamlessly through squarespace... as in so it looks like it's running through the same website in squarespace or will it redirect the customer to a checkout on shopify?

The cart/checkout will slide in on the right side of the page. 

13 minutes ago, anna66chocolate said:

annually you pay the subscription to squarespace for the using th shop feature

You can downgrade from a Squarespace Commerce plan to a Business plan, if you don’t want to use the commerce features of Squarespace. 

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Archived