Has blog editing format changed on ver.7.1?

Hi. I've published a few blogs but on creating the last one the format seems to have changed and I wanted to see if anyone else noticed this?

It used to be that I could click the 'cog' symbol in the top right of the screen and create/edit the layout (images, text, etc), schedule, tag - all in a pop-out edit panel - like a more complex version of a page settings panel. But now that just does the basics and the layout is done on the main screen like a normal page. I really liked the other way and I'm not sure if I've just missed a step or if it's an actual change - anyone else have this issue? 

Thanks.

On 7/13/2020 at 9:30 PM, rrrr_king said:

I'm experiencing the same thing, the problem I see is that we like to duplicate the previous post and without the missing functionality (the cog) we can't change the blog post title.

yes, I'm experiencing this problem too - even if I create a new blog post from scratch, I can't see where the blog post title can be updated.  There has to be a spot for this, otherwise they'll all just be called Default Title - please help!!

While in setup mode go to pages then the blog page, config panel comes up on the left click the edit/delete thumbnail on that panel for the post you want. The post will now take up the whole page, click anywhere on the title and you will see a flashing vertical line, you can now edit the title, backspace, highlight it, and erase it create a new one. 

Edited by derricksrandomviews
1 minute ago, derricksrandomviews said:

While in setup mode go to the blog page, panel comes up on the left click the edit/delete thumbnail on that panel for the post you want. The post will now take up the whole page, click anywhere on the title and you will see a flashing vertical line, you can now edit the title, backspace, highlight it, and erase it create a new one. 

The title isn't anywhere on the page, but it shows up under the thumbnail on the home page.

how do i add the title to the page so i can update it?

• 2 weeks later...

I contacted Squarespace chat support about this issue, which also just started occurring this month on my website as well. It appears that some custom coding on the design of my blog page template was hiding the blog post editing in the content pane. 

I am able to edit blog post titles by adding /safe to the config URL once logged in (www.yourwebsite.com/config/safe). The support person insisted that the UI hasn't changed at all and that the custom code was the reason the editing options were missing from both the content section and the settings pane. I'm not sure what changed or if you have CSS but disabling the scripts during preview allowed me to save new blog post titles. Hope that works for you!

• 3 weeks later...

@Allyson I also contacted them. They said they did change the editing screen, so that you can only edit the title from the page itself, not the pop-up box at the gear icon. The issue for a lot of us is that we have added code to hide the blog titles, and cannot see them to edit them. This is fine for me, but I need to turn this site over to a client and they are NOT going to want to disable the code that hides the title every time they do a blog post! 

• 1 year later...

I don't have the popup box anymore either. The settings are NOT user-friendly. I have to click at least three times to add tags then back out to get to categories. The back feature is piled on top of itself too, so my click has to be very precise. What happened to the popout?

My editor takes up the whole screen.. how do I make it a popout again?

Screenshot (150).png