Jump to content

Change title size on mobile

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Liza said:

Is there a way to display the logo on mobile instead of the site name? 

On the Five template, the site logo can appear on mobile if you position the logo in the banner instead of the header. You can set this in Site Styles, by setting the Banner Content tweak to "Site Title Logo Tagline".

However, if the site logo is in the header (as it currently is) then the logo will always be replaced by the site title. It isn't possible to change this with some simple CSS, it will require some JavaScript (and therefore a Business plan or above).

About me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for over 18 yrs and a Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL, providing high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji below. Buying a coffee is optional.

Book paid help with domains: Connect a GoDaddy domain. Connect a Squarespace Domain. Domain assistance

Link to comment
57 minutes ago, paul2009 said:

On the Five template, the site logo can appear on mobile if you position the logo in the banner instead of the header. You can set this in Site Styles, by setting the Banner Content tweak to "Site Title Logo Tagline".

However, if the site logo is in the header (as it currently is) then the logo will always be replaced by the site title. It isn't possible to change this with some simple CSS, it will require some JavaScript (and therefore a Business plan or above).

I tried it and see what you mean. UGH. Thank you both for helping me out with this @paul2009and @tuanphan. Here's another time when I wish I had started with Brine. But I didn't know then what I know now. Live and learn.

 

Link to comment

 

29 minutes ago, Liza said:

Here's another time when I wish I had started with Brine.

Brine (or 7.1) everytime!

About me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for over 18 yrs and a Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL, providing high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji below. Buying a coffee is optional.

Book paid help with domains: Connect a GoDaddy domain. Connect a Squarespace Domain. Domain assistance

Link to comment
  • 6 months later...
On 7/22/2021 at 4:18 PM, paul2009 said:

 

Brine (or 7.1) everytime!

Hello - i know this is an old thread, but I am working with 7.1 and my site header looks totally wonky on mobile (it doesn't fit correctly on mobile browser, just look it up to see what I mean); however, I really like how it looks on desktop. Can anyone help with this? none of the scripts provided in the thread worked. my URL is:

www.garrettweir.com

Thank you for any help!!

Link to comment
On 2/2/2022 at 10:07 PM, garrettweir said:

Hello - i know this is an old thread, but I am working with 7.1 and my site header looks totally wonky on mobile (it doesn't fit correctly on mobile browser, just look it up to see what I mean); however, I really like how it looks on desktop. Can anyone help with this? none of the scripts provided in the thread worked. my URL is:

www.garrettweir.com

Thank you for any help!!

Hi. Can you describe in detail? We can help easier

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

Link to comment
  • 4 months later...

Greetings tuanphan,

We are trying to make a mobile adjustment on the main index page: https://www.synasetdigital.com/

On mobile, the desired result is to have the title flushed to the top of the page section while also centered. The body will be just below it, flushed to the title with 1 line of spacing and also centered. The buttons for each slide will be flushed left and underneath the body.

Can you please provide the code for this modification?

Link to comment
1 hour ago, SynasetDigitalBackend said:

Greetings tuanphan,

We are trying to make a mobile adjustment on the main index page: https://www.synasetdigital.com/

On mobile, the desired result is to have the title flushed to the top of the page section while also centered. The body will be just below it, flushed to the title with 1 line of spacing and also centered. The buttons for each slide will be flushed left and underneath the body.

Can you please provide the code for this modification?

This for top slideshow?

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

Link to comment
20 hours ago, SynasetDigitalBackend said:

Hey there tuanphan. Would you be able to assist with this issue?

- Regards

Try adding to Design > Custom CSS

@media screen and (max-width:767px) {
body.homepage .slide-content.list-item-card-background {
    max-width: 100% !important;
    width: 100% !important;
    margin-top: 0 !important;
}
body.homepage li.slide.list-item {
    padding-right: 0 !important;
}
}

 

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

Link to comment
On 6/24/2022 at 9:19 AM, tuanphan said:

Try adding to Design > Custom CSS

@media screen and (max-width:767px) {
body.homepage .slide-content.list-item-card-background {
    max-width: 100% !important;
    width: 100% !important;
    margin-top: 0 !important;
}
body.homepage li.slide.list-item {
    padding-right: 0 !important;
}
}

Tried with a margin-top of 0, but the text still wasn't flush. Adjusted the margin-top to -220px and it looks flush on Safari and Chrome mobile view.

 

Link to comment
On 6/28/2022 at 10:38 AM, SynasetDigitalBackend said:

What about code to center the header and body text? Along with keeping the button flushed a few pixels down from the body text?

Use this

@media screen and (max-width:767px) {
.user-items-list-item-container[data-section-id="62acebb4c08b1e15c20eb825"] * {
    text-align: center !important;
}
}

 

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

×
×
  • Create New...

Squarespace Webinars

Free online sessions where you’ll learn the basics and refine your Squarespace skills.

Hire a Designer

Stand out online with the help of an experienced designer or developer.