Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search
mquintos

Make Site Subtitle Hyperlink w/o Hover Color

Question

Site URL: https://www.markdanielquintos.com

Hi there, 

I am using template 'Avenue' (markdanielquintos.com)

As of now, when clicking on my name in the site title, it links back to the homepage, which is great. I'd like for the subtitle of 'Cinematographer' to operate the same way. I've been googling for lots of code and have found a way to turn 'Cinematographer' into a link, but when I do so, it hovers as red like the rest of my links, I'd like for it to have no change when hovering over it, as 'Mark Daniel Quintos' is. Any tips?

Thanks in advance!

10 answers to this question

I didn't know you could put HTML in the tag line.... cool...

This CSS will fix the hover

.logo-subtitle a:hover {
    color: inherit;
}

If I replied to one of your questions with code, it was either CSS or jQuery.

To add CSS, go to Design -> Custom CSS

jQuery needs some additional steps. Head here: https://code.jquery.com/ and click on minified, under jQuery 3.x and copy that code into Squarespace.

After you put that code into the code injection section in Squarespace, you can add the code I supplied. The code from me will need <script> added before it and </script> added after it (only for jQuery).

There are two places that you can add the code, one is site wide (adds to all pages). Settings -> Advanced -> Code Injection

The other is for a specific page (adds to one page only). Pages -> Gear Icon next to the page -> Advanced

Do you have a premium account?

jQuery needs some additional steps. Head here: https://code.jquery.com/ and click on minified, under jQuery 3.x and copy that code into Squarespace.

After you put that code into the code injection section in Squarespace, you can add the code I supplied. The code from me will need <script> added before it and </script> added after it (only for jQuery).

There are two places that you can add the code, one is site wide (adds to all pages). Settings -> Advanced -> Code Injection

The other is for a specific page (adds to one page only). Pages -> Gear Icon next to the page -> Advanced

10 minutes ago, rwp said:

Do you have a premium account?

Don't believe so, under plan it says "Personal"

You can't do what you want with CSS, and you would need a premium plan to use the code injection to accomplish it.

4 minutes ago, rwp said:

You can't do what you want with CSS, and you would need a premium plan to use the code injection to accomplish it.

Copy, thanks for the heads up

10 minutes ago, rwp said:

So to clarify, with a personal account, I'm only allowed to do SOME custom CSS?

I've been googling for lots of code and have found a way to turn 'Cinematographer' into a link, but when I do so, it hovers as red like the rest of my links, I'd like for it to have no change when hovering over it, as 'Mark Daniel Quintos' is. Any tips?

You can use CSS to solve this. Turn it to link first, then let us know, we will give the code

You can send your question to my email to get faster answer.

How to Setup Password & Share URL  Squarespace Customer Care

Posted (edited)

If you end up needing to, here's the jQuery and CSS to make it work, but you will need a premium account. If you can make it a link, CSS can take care of the colors.

$('.logo-subtitle').html("<a href='/' class='sublogo'>Cinematographer</a>");
.sublogo:hover {
    color: inherit !important;
}

Edited by rwp

12 hours ago, tuanphan said:

I've been googling for lots of code and have found a way to turn 'Cinematographer' into a link, but when I do so, it hovers as red like the rest of my links, I'd like for it to have no change when hovering over it, as 'Mark Daniel Quintos' is. Any tips?

You can use CSS to solve this. Turn it to link first, then let us know, we will give the code

So I have it set to a link now, by entering this into the tag line section under Logo & Title on the squarespace UI:

<a href="/">Cinematographer</a>

3 minutes ago, rwp said:

I didn't know you could put HTML in the tag line.... cool...

This CSS will fix the hover

.logo-subtitle a:hover {
    color: inherit;
}

Worked a charm, thank you!