Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search
BrookeHVT

Can you hide index subpages from your site's search results?

I'm using the Brine 7.0 template for my website and I would like to hide index subpages from the search results so that only the main index page is shown and site visitors are navigated to see all of the relevant content, not just the subpage. Is this possible using redirect links or search customization? I've been looking for a solution for a while now and I don't mind if it's a work-around, I just need a solution to this.

@srodrigues, I'm sorry I didn't specify, I'm actually trying to remove the index subpages from the native site search that I have in my website header. Is there a solution for this?

Hey again, 

Thanks for clarifying! I've adjusted the post title so it better reflects what you are trying to achieve.

While at the moment Squarespace built-in features don't support that, I'd be happy to suggest it to our development team on your behalf. Despite the fact we can't guarantee implementation of every suggestion, customer feedback is an important part of how we continue to improve our platform, so we appreciate your input. 

For any future feature requests you would like to be logged, contacting Customer Support would be the best approach as per point 6 of the forum guidelines we don't usually track feature requests here.

Likewise I have exactly the same issue.

It is very bad experience for people searching. 

Because index pages can be made up of many subpages that are simple... like a CTA or just a background image and a title for example,

The search results link directly to the individual internal pages, which misformat when not viewed in an index structure and just have no real info.

i have a client who considering scraping the project because the site search is so poor.