Variant Stock Issue

Hi,

I am helping a friend who with a site who makes custom jewellery, Im having abit of a issue with setting up the stock for this.

I currently Have both 'Size' and the 'Colour' set up which is fine in principle however in the example of rings.

If I have a 1 size k ring in stock but the stone colour can be changed to 20 variants squarespace would in theory allow 20 rings in different colours to be sold.

IE: Size K - ReD, Size K - Blue etc. would would create a stock problem and items would be sold that simply werent able to be fulfilled, as only one size k ring would be in stock.

Can anyone help with this?

• Replies 3
  • Views 923
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Perhaps a form would work for you?

If the colors aren't inventoried, you can have the rings sold by size only with a form that pops up when someone adds one to their cart, asking which color they'd like. Forms are perfect for variants that don't cost anything and aren't inventoried on their own. You can set the form up using the "form" tab on the product page, and then once it's set up just select it from the same tab of any other products it may apply to.

• 7 months later...

I am having a similar problem.  I need to create sets of 6 and have a total of say 10 sets of 6.  Yet I want them to have an option to purchase a set of 12 (2 sets of 6) at a cheaper price.  Variants only allow inventory by the variant not the overall product which is a similar problem to yours.  It seems this would be an option in an advance e commerce platform like squarespace.  If you figured out an option, I would love to know.  So far I was suggested to purchase an add on for an additional 29 per month cost which is just not happening.

it's ridiculous, isn't it? overall inventory tracking (when you have variants) should be a built-in feature in the Advanced Commerce plan and yet it is not and customers have to resort to using -- and paying! -- third-party add-ons. what happens when these companies go out of business? $29 a month for just one functionality is insanely expensive. because the Advanced Commerce plan is crippled, you could end up paying 4-5 third-party companies at least $29 a month each just to get your Squarespace store working the way you need it to work -- because it doesn't have the essential features you need right out of the box...features that ought to be standard in an e-commerce platform. Squarespace ought to put more budget into getting their e-commerce platform up to par with other e-commerce platforms like Shopify and get going on those features that its customers have been requesting for YEARS instead of on marketing gimmicks.

Archived