Adding multiple domains to a site

Go to solution Solved by Susana_SQSP,

You can register additional domains thru squarespace, and then change it to become your primary domain if you wish, however they will both work without doing that.  Just go to settings, domains, and then click get a domain. A list of ones that match your present domain will come up with a different extension, like .net, .me, .co, that kind of thing. If you want something totally new, just type it in and SS will look to see if it is available for you. 

You can also use a third party service like Go Daddy, Tu Cows, or others as well and then point it at your site, that is a bit more complicated but it will work and you may get customized email depending on who you use, which Squarespace does not offer, except thru G Suite. 

Edited by derricksrandomviews
  • 1 year later...

What if I want to have 3 domains?

- One for my main site
- One for my Newsletter
- One for my Blog

They are currently all hosted under my main site (as "Newsletter" and "Blog") which is convenient from an admin perspective but I have punchier names (and domains) that I'd like to use to build up the "brands" of my newsletter and blog as well. I already have the domains registered through Namecheap

Any help with this will be appreciated.

Hi @Fenmann

I am not sure about what the setup you have in mind neither what you mean by "different sections os a site". However, I can say that at the moment all domains connected to a site will point to the homepage and resolve to the domain set as the primary one. It's not possible to connect a domain o a specific page on a site. This is outlined in the help guide that I am linking below:

Connecting a domain to your Squarespace site - Before you begin

For any further questions you might have, please reach out to Squarespace Customer Support for personalized assistance. 

@Fenmann

Although SS doesn't do domain name to URL forwarding I seem to recall that GoDaddy does. You need to read up on just exactly how theirs works to see if it would meet your needs. Other domain name registrars beside GD may also provide similar services.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

• 2 weeks later...

@derricksrandomviews

Good to know.

Folks. I have to image that all the big domain registrar services like GD and T have this kind of domain to URL forwarding service. Otherwise they couldn't compete against the others that do! 🙂

Behind the scenes server wise it's a fairly trivial thing to do as far as configuring a server goes. The challenge comes in doing it at massive scales and putting a pretty user interface on it! 🙂

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.