Format hyperlinks in footer (remove underline, no color change after visited)

Hi.

How can I change the color format of a hyperlink I added to the page footer? I believe there must be something on this already, but could not find it in the help or forum.

Specifically, I want to remove the underline, and keep the standard color even when it was visited.

How can I change this site-wide or specifically for the page footer?

Thanks a lot!

• Replies 24
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 6 months later...
On 1/4/2021 at 5:49 AM, mdbmod1 said:

@tuanphan I'm also trying to remove the underscore from the hyperlinks in my footer. I pasted in this code exactly as you instructed, but nothing happened. Please advise. Thanks!

My site is mdbmoddesigns.com 

Add to Design > Custom CSS

/* remove footer underline */
footer.sections a {
    background-image: none !important;
}

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

On 1/15/2021 at 5:21 AM, acloiok said:

I'm trying to remove the underscore from the 3 hyperlinks on my home page; "art", "graphics", and "photography".

My site is:  acook-design.com 

Thanks!

Your site is private. Can you setup password & share url?

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

• 5 weeks later...

Hi,

Hopefully someone can help

I used the following code to remove the underline from my links in my footer

/* remove footer underline */
footer.sections a {
    background-image: none !important;
}

Is there additional code to stop the links changing colour?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated

Thnx

Bex18

@Becks18

Please post the URL for your site.

If your site is not public please set up a site-wide password, if you've not already done so.

Post the password here.

Adding a site-wide password is not a security breach. Please read the documentation at the link provided to understand how it works.

We can then take a look at your issue.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

@Becks18

Replace your CSS with the following.

/* remove color and underline from links */

#block-4d06014d684f79b4f25d a, /* contact us email */
#footer-sections .dark .sqs-block-html a

{

background-image : none;
    color : unset;

}

This is for a v7.1 site.

Let us know how it goes.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

@acloiok

No worries we are all on the path of learning here.

Add the following to Design > Custom CSS.

/* remove underline from image sub-title links */

.black .image-subtitle-wrapper a {

}

This is for a v7.1 site.

Let us know how it goes.

thanks for the quick response! 

it worked for the top navigation (the underline was removed), however, when you click it, it doesn't do anything lol. I deleted the code-- I don't mind the underline on the top navigation at all.

what I meant was, how do I get rid of the underline on the 3 pictures beneath it (see picture)? sorry if I communicated that poorly -- totally my error there!

thanks for all your help!! 🙂784294267_ScreenShot2021-02-17at6_56_14PM.thumb.png.0d65f783f5067a27b36652fc4084a9f8.png

On 2/15/2021 at 10:46 PM, creedon said:

@Becks18

Replace your CSS with the following.

/* remove color and underline from footer links */

#footer-sections .dark .sqs-block-html a {

color : unset;

}

This is for a v7.1 site.

Let us know how it goes.

@creedonThanks so much for your help, it worked perfectly.  Superstar!!

Sorry it took me so long to come back to you.

On 2/25/2021 at 5:30 PM, Becks18 said:

@creedonThanks so much for your help, it worked perfectly.  Superstar!!

Sorry it took me so long to come back to you.

@creedon Sorry me again!  On my contacts page I want to have the email as a direct link but as with my footer the email becomes underlined and changes colour.  I want there to be no underline and the email address to be white.  Are you able to help again please?

On 3/1/2021 at 8:20 PM, creedon said:

@Becks18

I'm not seeing the code installed.

921193965_ScreenShot2021-03-01at12_19_34PM.png.d0326fb3581b1a7bf9c93831302ddfe6.png

Hi @creedon apologies as you have probably gathered you are dealing with a bit of a muppet when it comes to websites and especially coding!  When you said you'd updated the code in my post, I think I picked up the previous code you did for my footer, sorry.  I couldn't see this new code to copy and paste so I have tried to enter it manually, but I think I have done something wrong.

16 hours ago, Becks18 said:

I couldn't see this new code to copy and paste so I have tried to enter it manually, but I think I have done something wrong.

No need to enter by hand. Scroll up in this thread to my Feb 15th post. The code you need is there.

5 hours ago, creedon said:

No need to enter by hand. Scroll up in this thread to my Feb 15th post. The code you need is there.

HI

5 hours ago, creedon said:

Hi @creedon, I've copied the code from the 15th across.  Really sorry, as I suspect it is something I am doing, but it still doesn't seem to be working.  The email address on my contacts page is still blue rather than white.  

Archived