Creating full-bleed banners - is it really only possible in Page Settings?

Hi all

I see banners used in so many sites, stretching the width of the browser window, to break-up pages and act as title areas for new sections. I've searched for days and the only method I can find is to add an image in Page Settings. This means I can only create one banner per page.

The workaround suggested is to use an Index and create multiple pages/banners for each 'page section', but these won't sit within folders. I want users to select from multiple pages within a dropdown menu, then for each of those pages to be broken apart with banners. 

I'm really surprised that I can't simply add a browser-width banner as easily as I can a block of text. Then choose a background colour, height or fill with an image. Adding an image to Page Settings, then adjusting the height by adding Spacers seems like a weird workaround for something used in so many designs. 

Am I missing something? Can anyone recommend a way to use image or colour banners multiple times on any page, even if it sits within a menu Folder? Images below as illustrations of how I'd like to use banners - either filled with images or simply blocks of background colour, but always stretching beyond the site padding to the full browser window width. 

I'm on 7.0 and really can't face starting again in 7.1. 

Many thanks

Screen Shot 2020-06-30 at 12.22.43.jpg

Screen Shot 2020-06-30 at 12.23.45.jpg

• Replies 2
  • Views 832
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Hi Drissa! 

I had the same problem.
Simply create as many «index page» as you need (with as many full bleed banners you want), and let them in the not-linked section. 
Then, in your navigation, just create your folder and in place of adding your pages, add links that point to those index pages. 

It works well! 

Archived