PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO MOVE TO SQUARESPACE 7.1

What should be the simplest task is turning into a chore as I'm struggling to find the information I need to explain how to move my existing live site on Squarespace 7.0 to a new template that only exists in 7.1.

I am happy to start from scratch. I currently have a trial for 7.1 and my current site won't auto-renew until November 2020.

All i want to do is just stop the current site running and set the new Nolan template as the site to be live. Can someone please explain how to do this?

I have already pointed the domain to the new template.

Thanks in advance.

Aron.

• Replies 4
  • Views 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

I have created another site from scratch using SS7.1 and I quite like 7.1. I get how to move the domain name from a site based on SS7.0 to SS7.1. My question is can I stop/cancel the 7.0 site and transfer the remaining subscription time to a new 7.1 site? I would no longer use the 7.0 site, I'd just delete it. I'd be staying with SS so they'd not be losing a customer. (In fact, they'd be getting a much happier happy customer.) DerrickRandomViews does what I'm asking make sense, do you know if this is possible?

10 hours ago, wallacewebdesign said:

I have created another site from scratch using SS7.1 and I quite like 7.1. I get how to move the domain name from a site based on SS7.0 to SS7.1. My question is can I stop/cancel the 7.0 site and transfer the remaining subscription time to a new 7.1 site? I would no longer use the 7.0 site, I'd just delete it. I'd be staying with SS so they'd not be losing a customer. (In fact, they'd be getting a much happier happy customer.) DerrickRandomViews does what I'm asking make sense, do you know if this is possible?

You should contact Squarespace Customer Care for this problem.

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

11 hours ago, wallacewebdesign said:

My question is can I stop/cancel the 7.0 site and transfer the remaining subscription time to a new 7.1 site?

It's not possible to transfer subscriptions from one site to another. When you’re satisfied with your new site and ready to go live, pay for the new 7.1 site to upgrade it from a trial to a paid plan.

When your 7.1 site is live and you no longer need your old 7.0 site, you can cancel your old plan. As Tuan said, if you had remaining time in an annual subscription, contact Squarespace Customer Support to see if you’re eligible for a prorated refund for switching sites.

Bear in mind that it is not possible to move Email Campaigns or Scheduling subscriptions between sites, so you'd have to cancel those subscriptions on your old site and subscribe again on your new site. For more information about moving from Squarespace version 7.0 to version 7.1, see this support article.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Archived