Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search
Shillyer

Coming soon cover page, form too big

Question

Site URL: https://www.adjojewellery.co.uk

Hello,

For some reason since launching my site, the form on my coming soon page has changed the format to extra large, it used to me a small text box which people could enter their details. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? My website is www.adjojewellery.co.uk

Thanks!

11 answers to this question

Did you add CSS to change paragraph font size to 120px?

If I replied to one of your questions with code, it was either CSS or jQuery.

To add CSS, go to Design -> Custom CSS

jQuery needs some additional steps. Head here: https://code.jquery.com/ and click on minified, under jQuery 3.x and copy that code into Squarespace.

After you put that code into the code injection section in Squarespace, you can add the code I supplied. The code from me will need <script> added before it and </script> added after it (only for jQuery).

There are two places that you can add the code, one is site wide (adds to all pages). Settings -> Advanced -> Code Injection

The other is for a specific page (adds to one page only). Pages -> Gear Icon next to the page -> Advanced

Hello, the only thing I've added is below which I assumed was only for my logo? 

img.Mobile-bar-branding-logo {
    width: 150px;
}

Yes, that is correct. Do you want the font on the home page to remain XL?

jQuery needs some additional steps. Head here: https://code.jquery.com/ and click on minified, under jQuery 3.x and copy that code into Squarespace.

After you put that code into the code injection section in Squarespace, you can add the code I supplied. The code from me will need <script> added before it and </script> added after it (only for jQuery).

There are two places that you can add the code, one is site wide (adds to all pages). Settings -> Advanced -> Code Injection

The other is for a specific page (adds to one page only). Pages -> Gear Icon next to the page -> Advanced

This will fix the font, without changing the font on the landing page.

.sqs-slide-wrapper[data-slide-type="cover-page"] .sqs-modal-lightbox-content .lightbox-inner .lightbox-content .form-wrapper {
    font-size: 26px;
}

Thank you, it's worked!!

Would you also know how to align the banner image higher so it covers all the way to the top of the page, this being when your logo is centred top? I'd need this on all my pages that have banner images. And sort of alongside of that, how to make the text bar automatically colour correct in order to be seen? Attached is a picture of one of my pages, the writing is white and can hardly be seen. 

Thank you!

Screenshot 2020-06-26 at 20.45.35.png

Hello! The form has gone back to the large writing again! I added the CCS to the Custom CCS on the design page, was this correct? Thanks 

14 hours ago, Shillyer said:

Hello! The form has gone back to the large writing again! I added the CCS to the Custom CCS on the design page, was this correct? Thanks 

Add to Cover Page Settings > Advanced > Header

<style>
  .sqs-slide-wrapper[data-slide-type="cover-page"] .sqs-modal-lightbox-content .lightbox-inner .lightbox-content .form-wrapper {
    font-size: 26px;
}
</style>

You can send your question to my email to get faster answer.

How to Setup Password & Share URL  Squarespace Customer Care

OFF to next Tuesday. Please send to email if you have urgently problem.

Hi,

It has worked for the font, however is there a way to get the text and the boxes closer together?  They are far apart now. 

Thanks

.form-wrapper > * {
    font-size: initial;
    line-height: 1;
}

Add this to the code from earlier. Put it before the </style> tag at the end.