Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search

How to make captions show in lightbox and not in gallery

ianb2020

Question

I'm looking for some help with how to remove captions from the gallery, to instead show below the individual photos when selected to lightbox mode. Any advice would be much appreciated. @tuanphan Thanks in advance

Edited by ianb2020
  • Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

9 answers to this question

On 10/29/2020 at 8:11 AM, blakefair said:

Hi there,

I have this same question, for masonry grid... Any help would be great 🙂

www.blakefair.com

(7.1, personal plan)

Hi,
Let me know what you need friend!

Please use the like button if it helps you!

Best,
Leopold

Ninja Kit Extension: Upgrade your Squarespace website without coding.

YouTube Preview    -    FREE DOWNLOAD

Hi There,

I've got the same question about how to hide captions in a gallery, but make them appear in lightbox when clicked. I'd also like them to take on the styling of the rest of the site.

url: phenotype.photography

pw: sitepw

Thanks.

@artodd

Hiding the caption isn't much of a problem on your v7.1 site.

Making the captions appear on the lightbox is not easy.

It may be possible through custom code or perhaps a plug-in.

This last bit is for the more technically inclined among us. When the lightbox is on the DOM each image has an alt text that could be used as a basis for creating a caption on the lightbox image.

Edited by creedon

Hello I'm Thomas. I've been getting websites up and running for 26 years. I want to help you at whatever level meets your needs, from as little (if you're a DIYer) to as much as you need.

@creedon

Thanks. Hiding the caption is no problem, do you happen to have code that will hide it on the gallery but display it on the lightbox? I'm comfortable injecting code or input custom CSS, I just don't know how to write the actual code.

25 minutes ago, artodd said:

do you happen to have code that will hide it on the gallery but display it on the lightbox?

I do not.

Hello I'm Thomas. I've been getting websites up and running for 26 years. I want to help you at whatever level meets your needs, from as little (if you're a DIYer) to as much as you need.