Editing HTML for Donation Page

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

Has anyone figured out a way to edit the text on the Donation payment page? I'd like to use this function to accept client deposits, but don't want to have a disclaimer on there about the wording saying "donation" when they are in fact submitting a "deposit" for a project. Not sure if there's a way to access the back end to change HTML or if there's an override I can use via Code Injection under Advanced Settings. Thanks in advance!

Note: My site is on a Basic Commerce plan, if that makes a difference.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/13/2020 at 8:54 PM, SheeraB said:

@RyanDejaegher sorry for the late response, but here is the link to the page in question on my site:

https://smbcreativedesign.com/deposits

I appreciate any help you can offer!

You want to change "Make a deposit" text?

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • Solution
On 6/25/2020 at 8:28 PM, SheeraB said:

Has anyone figured out a way to edit the text on the Donation payment page?

This is an old thread but as there are regular posts asking if this is possible I thought it would be helpful to post an accurate answer. 

Unfortunately you cannot make changes to the Donation payment page. This is one of a number of "locked-down" areas of Squarespace that cannot be changed - even with code or Developer Mode. 

You can raise awareness of your requirements by contacting Squarespace Customer Care. The more they hear from customers who are affected by missing features, the easier it will be for them to prioritise them.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.