Change Store Intro with Categories Selected

• 1 year later...

Ooh, same question here.

site: https://rsrtr.squarespace.com/artroskopicheskie-instrumenty

Brine 7.0
I have 4 levels of nested categories. Therefore I use Store Pages as level-2 categories, built-in product cats for level-3 and tags for level-4. A page with summaries contains level-1 categories.

Each Store has it's own "navigation" to its subcategories in Intro (using categories and tags). It works fine for sorting products as 'instruments / parts / equipment' and I love how it looks. But at the same time 🤯 I need the ability to sort by application: "knee joint / hip joint / etc" within the same Store pages.

I was thinking about adding another set of navigation icons for joints to Intro (as a summary block or a div). In this case I need to hide the other set of icons if certain categories or tags are selected.
I really hate the idea to have multiple pages with summaries for all my sub-sub-categories.

Example here: https://rsrtr.squarespace.com/test-store-page
password: password

@creedon @tuanphan Do you guys think it is possible? If so, any ideas on how to do it?

Thomas, I have a feeling that this comment of yours has something to do with what I want ))) Is it possible to have something like: if category = "1" display div-1 and hide div-2  and vise versa?

Edited by serrta

www.afterworkdiy.ru

1 hour ago, serrta said:

Thomas, I have a feeling that this comment of yours has something to do with what I want ))) Is it possible to have something like: if category = "1" display div-1 and hide div-2  and vise versa?

If I understand what you want yes the code does exactly that. You set the categoryDescriptionMap variable as described and when you go to a defined category page a description is displayed.

This code will not address any other the other items you mentioned.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

26 minutes ago, creedon said:

If I understand what you want yes the code does exactly that. You set the categoryDescriptionMap variable as described and when you go to a defined category page a description is displayed.

Thank you for the prompt reply! So you mean text only, no chance for images and links? 😞

www.afterworkdiy.ru

32 minutes ago, creedon said:

What about a function analyzing the url instead of category?

Do you know if it is possible to implement a split layout with a Store page as one of the sections? 

www.afterworkdiy.ru

7 hours ago, serrta said:

So you mean text only, no chance for images and links?

The cited code is text only. I also created some code that is kind of an accordion effect controlled by category. Please see the following.

Let us know how it goes.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

What about a function analyzing the url instead of category?

How would you want to analyze the url? There are of course many ways to use Javascript to look for cues from all the information that goes into making up a page to trigger some effect.

Do you know if it is possible to implement a split layout with a Store page as one of the sections? 

By split layout do you mean two different bits of content side by side? I don't recall seeing anything like that for a store page on a v7.0 site using the Brine template family.

On 10/8/2021 at 5:38 AM, creedon said:

How would you want to analyze the url? There are of course many ways to use Javascript to look for cues from all the information that goes into making up a page to trigger some effect.

Sorry for distorting coding terms but something like:
if url = /store-page?category=Special-category?tag=Any-tag , then div-1 display:none and div-2 display:block, 
otherwise div-1 display:block and hide div-2

OR: if url contains "Special stop word" (in tag or category), then show one div and hide the other

By div I mean a combination of images (or a summary with images) in a store's Intro that I use as category links. And the reason why I want to hide some links is that when it comes to categorizing surgical instruments not by their type but by joints they are used for, some whole categories don't apply to that type of surgery.

On 10/8/2021 at 5:38 AM, creedon said:

By split layout do you mean two different bits of content side by side? I don't recall seeing anything like that for a store page on a v7.0 site using the Brine template family.

Yes, two independent parts side by side. One containing category images with links and the other containing products. Similar to Store's Intro but universal for all stores. Like two independent frames.

Unfortunately, Index in Brine doesn't support Store pages. And all code that I've ever found for split layout is for text and images, not a whole store page.

Another option that I'm thinking about is creating a sticky div overlaying the store page. Something like custom back-to-top button that I have right now. This div will be containing a tree of categories and subcategories, like Brine's native Sorting and filtering block but for ALL store collections.

I'm creating this site for a friend and unfortunately Universal filter which is useless without an additional Lazy summary plugin is out of question ((( 

www.afterworkdiy.ru

3 hours ago, serrta said:

Sorry for distorting coding terms but something like:
if url = /store-page?category=Special-category?tag=Any-tag , then div-1 display:none and div-2 display:block, 
otherwise div-1 display:block and hide div-2

No worries about coding terms. You are expressing the logic in an understandable way.

SS does not support category and tag mixed in a query. So it looks like you'd need to go with your second logic.

I suggest setting up a few test products with categories/tags and these stop words. We can then begin to think about how the code might be written. Please point us at those categories/tags so we can take a look.

4 hours ago, serrta said:

Yes, two independent parts side by side.

You might want to see if Will Myers Split Screen layout plug-in can work with product pages on v7.0 using the Brine template family. I don't know if it does.