Feedback on pub website

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@razvanlacatus 

The home page main banner image is too big, should fit on the screen. 

The cocktail menu on top of the image makes it hard to read. (I would match the above food menu layout of an image and then another section with the menu.)

The scroll down to discover menu section seems like it missing something and has lots of white space, also why are you telling people to scroll down more to discover the menu? 

on the bottom with the last section and the 2 footers if the site is Italian make them the color of the Italian flag...

For the booking why do you not have online booking? 

Hope this all helps you out!

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/30/2020 at 8:49 PM, Justin414 said:

@razvanlacatus 

The home page main banner image is too big, should fit on the screen. 

The cocktail menu on top of the image makes it hard to read. (I would match the above food menu layout of an image and then another section with the menu.)

The scroll down to discover menu section seems like it missing something and has lots of white space, also why are you telling people to scroll down more to discover the menu? 

on the bottom with the last section and the 2 footers if the site is Italian make them the color of the Italian flag...

For the booking why do you not have online booking? 

Hope this all helps you out!

Hi! Sorry but I've just seen this now. Thank you so much for the feedback! 

Yes it's quite big since it's the full resolution photo, I will try to play with sizes! But it's intended to for the glass to be so big with the logo on top of it (at least on the desktop version)

Yes I am aware of the big white space and I talked with the client about it asking for a better and longer description of his place but he still hasn't managed to give me one so it has to stay like that for now. About the "scroll down to see the menù" it's because the place is in a little town in Italy and many people (mainly older ones) are not used at using websites when going out for dinner and they ask the waiter where is the menù without even trying to scroll down or anything, but I agree that it should be changed. 

I tried darkening the beverages menu background image to make it more readable and about the online booking the answer is no, the client didn't want to have one since nobody is used to book online in that small town! 

And also thanks for the comments to everybody else, I appreciate it! I am looking forward to make more websites for my future clients and one day be a part of Squarespace Circle! 🙂

Archived