PDF file attached to customer notification email (html)

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

• Solution

You cannot add the PDF file itself, but you can add a link to the email so that when a customer clicks it, the PDF will download from your site and be shown.

To do this, follow the Uploading and managing files guide to add the PDF file to your site. Once added to your site, you will have a URL. Make a note of this.

Next, go to Commerce > Customer Notifications > Order Emails and edit the relevant email. Add some HTML text like this for each PDF link:

<a href="https://www.sitename.com/s/terms.pdf">View Terms</a>

Change 'https://www.sitename.com/s/terms.pdf' to match the correct link to your PDF, and change 'View Terms' according to your needs.

When you have saved your changes, you should be able to send a test email by clicking the SEND TEST EMAIL button further down the panel.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

This works for me regularly, both within Squarespace and within the actual email.

Could your email client be blocking links within emails until they are approved? It is difficult to troubleshoot this remotely, so if this isn't the issue, you may need to post a video for others to see what you see.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

there is nothing to film actually, since the email looks, like it is also appears in SS, but it is just not clicking thourgh. The Link looks active, but literaly nothing is happening when I click on it. Screenshot (AGB/TERMS.PDF)1991545585_Bildschirmfoto2020-06-29um19_11_13.thumb.png.220090b3b5623a2d7028dd8cb4fb9867.png

@paul2009 here below is also the whole code with the part you shared previously. I slightly updated it for the font, color etc., maybe this is the reason why the links are not clicking through (opening) when email is in the inbox?

</p>
<br>
<div style="color:#7C2272;font-family:Helvetica Neue;font-weight:none;font-size:12pt;letter-spacing:0.01em;text-align:left;">Your order from www.skin-matter.com is shipped and you will receive it soon. Click on the tracking number below for latest updates.
<br>
<br>
We are excited for you to discover and try all these amazing skincare products we carefully selected. Please share your impressions with us and let us know what you liked the most 
  <br>
  <br>
      <a style="font-size:12px;font-weight:bold;display:block;letter-spacing:2px;font-family: Helvetica Neue;text-align:center;text-decoration:none;border:none;background-color:#96D0DE;color: #7C2272;padding:10px;"href="https://www.instagram.com/thisisskinmatter/"_blank">
    @thisisskinmatter
</a>
<br>
<br>
Order <span style="font-weight:bold;color:#7C2272;">#{order.displayId}</span>
{.end}
(placed on {order.submittedOn|datetime date:long time:hmv}) is shown below and corresponds to your invoice number <span style="font-weight:bold;color:#7C2272;">#{order.displayId}</span></div>
<br>
<br>
<div style="color: #7C2272;font-family: Helvetica Neue;font-weight: 500;font-size: 10pt;letter-spacing: 0.001em;word-spacing: 40px;text-align: center;"</div>
<a style="color:#7C2272;" href="/s/MATTER_AGB_GENERAL_TERMS.pdf">AGB/TERMS.PDF</a>
<br>
<br>
<a style="color:#7C2272;" href="/s/MATTER_WIDERRUF_CANCELLATION.pdf">CANCELLATION/WIDERRUF.PDF</a>
<br>
<br>           

Edited by MATTER
  • 6 months later...
  • 7 months later...