Moving from 7.0 to 7.1

Site URL: http://www.wearehkers.com

Hello,

I have a blog and am thinking about moving to 7.1 from my current 7.0 site because the blog pages have more creative control. However, please can you tell me how this will affect my SEO? Will my analytics start from scratch for each blog post and the website? I know this is essentially building a new website from scratch as there is no migrate button currently, so does that mean I lose all my data from my site and the SEO I've build with it along the way? Is there some way to export the blog and import it back in to 7.1?

• 2 years later...
  • Replies 2
  • Views 763
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I also have a 7.0 website/blog that I am moving to the fluid engine. Did you ever get this question resolved? I am wondering if I can make the links the same once I get rid of my old website so all of my SEO and searches remain the same. Did you have luck exporting and importing any blog posts?

10 minutes ago, SandraB said:

I also have a 7.0 website/blog that I am moving to the fluid engine.

Please note that although Squarespace 7.1 supports Fluid Engine, you cannot use Fluid Engine within blog posts yet.

9 minutes ago, SandraB said:

I am wondering if I can make the links the same once I get rid of my old website so all of my SEO and searches remain the same.

Please see Maintaining your SEO ranking after moving or redesigning your site.

34 minutes ago, SandraB said:

Did you have luck exporting and importing any blog posts?

Blog pages can be exported 7.0 to 7.1 using a third party tool (I recommend the PRO tool) or by hiring someone to take care of it for you.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.