• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search
81monkeys

How to change text colour for Blog comments section

Question

Posted (edited)

Site URL: https://www.thechoreapp.com/blog/2020/6/23/how-to-make-family-friendly-cleaning-products

We just added a blog page to our website and ran into an issue. We've changed our website text to be white, with coloured BGs. However the comments section has a hardcoded white BG and font type, which means our text can be seen. Can someone advise us on how to update the comment section text or BG without changing our fonts? THANKS!!!

Update: We've temporarily changes our site text to a very light grey, so that people are able to comment... I'm sure we're going to be flooded with comments! 😉

Edited by 81monkeys

4 answers to this question

.squarespace-comments .new-comment-area .input form.comment-form textarea {
    color: #000;
}

Free Squarespace 7.1 Anchor Link and Accordion Plugins available here!

If I replied to one of your questions with code, it was either CSS or jQuery.

To add CSS, go to Design -> Custom CSS

jQuery needs some additional steps. Head here: https://code.jquery.com/ and click on minified, under jQuery 3.x and copy that code into Squarespace.

After you put that code into the code injection section in Squarespace, you can add the code I supplied. The code from me will need <script> added before it and </script> added after it (only for jQuery).

There are two places that you can add the code, one is site wide (adds to all pages). Settings -> Advanced -> Code Injection

The other is for a specific page (adds to one page only). Pages -> Gear Icon next to the page -> Advanced

Thanks RWP. This was heplful! There is still one small issue, but it's not a big deal. There's a little "Preview" button to the left of the "Post Comment" button, it's still white, and can't be seen. Like I said, it's not a big deal, but it would be nice to fix. Thanks again for the reply!

.btn-text.preview-comment.top-level-preview-btn {
  color: #000;
}

Free Squarespace 7.1 Anchor Link and Accordion Plugins available here!

If I replied to one of your questions with code, it was either CSS or jQuery.

To add CSS, go to Design -> Custom CSS

jQuery needs some additional steps. Head here: https://code.jquery.com/ and click on minified, under jQuery 3.x and copy that code into Squarespace.

After you put that code into the code injection section in Squarespace, you can add the code I supplied. The code from me will need <script> added before it and </script> added after it (only for jQuery).

There are two places that you can add the code, one is site wide (adds to all pages). Settings -> Advanced -> Code Injection

The other is for a specific page (adds to one page only). Pages -> Gear Icon next to the page -> Advanced