adjusting header/page margins when using anchor links

Hi,

I'm using anchor links on a couple of pages, but due to the header/nav bar being fixed, the top part of text (from where anchor link jumps to) is hidden beneath the header/nav bar. Any suggestions for how to change this please? Website isn't public yet and using the Bedford template.

Thanks

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, this is the code for it below, and link is via #community on the text:

<h3 id="community">1 Community</h3>

anchor link code for another page is as follows as I have two link on this page but linking to the same line of text, again link is via #access1 and #access:

<h3 class="text-left-right" id="access1">
    <span class="left-text">-</span>
    <span class="byline" id="access">ACCESS</span>
</h3>

please note I am new to code so some of the above may not be the correct way to do this??

Thanks

I can't help you in Bedford on this, but if you move over to 7.1 on future sites, you can achieve with this add-on: https://www.squareaddons.com/shop-2/anchor-linking

If you are looking for a way to add Anchor Links, Gallery Blocks, or a Rotating Banner with Content Blocks overlaid in Squarespace 7.1, you can find all these plugins in our Squarespace add-on store here: www.Squareaddons.com -- Enjoy! 

Archived