Font Styling

I'm looking to add an additional font to my client's site to give more styling options. The font I want to use is already in SS but just wonder if anyone has any suggestions on best practices to add an h4 or if better to use markdown block or even make h2 a different font than h1 & h3. Thanks in advance. 

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can use Code Block

<h2 style="font-family:futura-pt;">Text heading 2</h2>

or you can add this code to Home > Design > Custom CSS to apply h2 on entire site

h2 {
	font-family: futura-pt;
	font-size: 2em;
	line-height: 1.5em;
}

you can add more attribute

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

I want to use a new font that's been created for me. Do I just install the font in my windows/font files and then create the coding as above to point to it/upload it?

Or do I have to upload it to SS somehow first?

I also want to use a new colour palette for my new font. I've looked for instructions on that but can't find them - can someone point me in the right direction please?

14 hours ago, Cheetah77 said:

I want to use a new font that's been created for me. Do I just install the font in my windows/font files and then create the coding as above to point to it/upload it?

Or do I have to upload it to SS somehow first?

I also want to use a new colour palette for my new font. I've looked for instructions on that but can't find them - can someone point me in the right direction please?

Upload to your site: https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/articles/205813928-Uploading-and-managing-files

then add this to Home > Design > Custom CSS

@font-face {
	src: url(paste font file url here);
	font-family: tuan;
}
h1, h2, h3, h4 {
	font-family: tuan;
}

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

Archived