Temp Landing Page

I am keen to create a temporary landing /home page that I can use for community events or notifications (this is for my village website).

Is there an easy way for me to create a temporary landing page (that I can activate when needed) and then after this page is loaded - the user can click a button to access my site as normal (going to my normal home page and site)?

Hopefully this makes sense. Thanks!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What template are you using? This feature, landing page, is part of 7.0.  I have one myself on my site, and one for a photography site. I have also used them as "coming soon" pages.  

my random views derrick Lee parker

https://christinegregoryphotography.com/

If using 7.1 i have heard that some folks create a new page, use custom css to hide the header and the footer and use that page as a landing page/home page. 

Thanks for this. I am on Version 7.0– Brine family (Rover template).

I was hoping for a very easy way to do this....I am happy to use a landing page but want it to then go to my normal site / page either with a click through or on a timer?

Thanks!

Its easy, choose one from the landing page templates,  put the page in the unlined section of your site, edit a link or button on the landing page to go to the page you want on your site, once set up then just enable it as your home page. One of the easiest templates to work with is simply called "Cover".  I used that one here: https://christinegregoryphotography.com/ 

On my site I used Montage: my random views derrick Lee parker  

No timers just simple click thrus. 

Archived