Social Media Icons Disappeared on 7.1

Site URL: https://www.afzoelle.com/extra-af

Sometime in the last two or three weeks, my social media icons have disappeared from the footer of my website and my contact page, even though I haven't touched them since early May and they were functioning as they should. I removed the CSS that I had for them thinking maybe something got updated and that broke, but they did not come back.

Here's how the space looked on my published website in my footer:

1631236666_Websitenospace.thumb.png.3b360721b68df65dbc3f9d4fe6e01a48.png

When I go into settings, the block still says "Social Links," the links are visible, but the box itself is empty. When I go to add a new social links block, there's no option for it anymore.

1708625561_ScreenShot2020-06-15at12_14_51PM.thumb.png.227fd31acd944414ab7f8fc3d079ba51.png

1589406224_ScreenShot2020-06-15at12_13_11PM.thumb.png.6071e96a29588e069e1b109b25a48137.png

1475376178_SocialBlocksMenu.png.88ca65f1d737b2a375e1f3f488d82863.png1019996775_SocialRegistered.png.2f1d84988ada1b9e68326b2d308ed457.png

Likewise, on my contact page, it's the same thing. On the published page, it's showing as blank, but when I click on edit, the empty social links box is there.

849726155_ContactBlankBox.thumb.png.8f79b603a64beae8851ab1bc34c4f0ac.png

They are not the same color as my background, so it's not something silly like that.

Colors.png.20df52d1adf2ad78044b094c737d7c9c.png

The social media icons in my navigation header have been unaffected by this and are totally fine. I still have not put back the CSS for the regular icons until I can fix the issue.  

Any advice on how to fix this would be appreciated. Thank you!

Edited by AFZ
Removed one wrong picture

I can see these icons, is the issue sorted out?

image.thumb.png.06139ad834fca4141624404eeb6d5d87.png

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date picker form field)
💫 Gallery block 7.1 workaround
🥳 Sparkplugin Customisations Browsers (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Elfsight Template Browsers (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!

I tried logging into Safari. For some reason, there were a bunch of blank squares from Twitter between the newsletter and the social media links when I logged into settings through Safari that didn't show in Chrome. Once I deleted that, the icons started showing up in Chrome again. I have no idea how that resolved it, but it thankfully did. 

Thanks!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
8 hours ago, erinrachel932 said:

Has anyone found a solution for this? Just happened to me as well. I can see the icons while editing, then once I click Save they disappear. Have checked in a different browser and a couple different devices and they don't appear anywhere. They can be clicked on but are not visible whatsoever.

Please share current url

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date picker form field)
💫 Gallery block 7.1 workaround
🥳 Sparkplugin Customisations Browsers (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Elfsight Template Browsers (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
7 hours ago, nathanlmcguire said:

i have a similar problem. on my site in the footer. 

https://www.nathanlmcguire.com/about 

It should be below my logo at the bottom of the page. I have changed the design and the shape appears but you can't differentiate between facebook insta and twitter. 

can anyone help please?

Just try some code. I think you can contact Squarespace Customer Care

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

8 hours ago, nathanlmcguire said:

can anyone help please?

What I found was that the svg itself appears to be missing.

72170324_ScreenShot2021-01-30at8_59_35PM.png.57963ad1528d883b4d5a81f20798a87f.png

Have you tried recreating all the elements involved in the social icons? social block? The social links in Settings? First delete everything and save. Then create the needed bits.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

• 3 months later...
On 5/3/2021 at 7:37 AM, sabrine said:

My socials links are also not showing up, but only for a Windows Chrome user. When they go in incognito mode it shows up. Any clue on how to fix this? Website URL is sewerbratz.com

windows chrome.png

Hi. I see social icons here. WIndows/Chrome. Did you solve it?

Or send to forum message

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

@DarbyDesign

I can see social icons on macOS using Chrome.

177377165_ScreenShot2021-10-26at3_47_59PM.png.cb2b52946bbf518fd49b0b259d2c2ae9.png

I'm thinking the curse of Ajax Loading strikes again! Try turning off Ajax Loading to see if the problem goes away.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

On 10/30/2021 at 5:36 PM, DarbyDesign said:

Nada, still nothing showing....! Turned on and off...

If it still doesn't work, you can consider adding them with FontAwesome Icons + Code Block. If you need this, we will check & give the code

I solved a similar case in another post

Or send to forum message

• 2 months later...
On 11/1/2021 at 5:08 AM, tuanphan said:

If it still doesn't work, you can consider adding them with FontAwesome Icons + Code Block. If you need this, we will check & give the code

I solved a similar case in another post

Social Icons just disappeared on my site also. Can you please share the code? 

www.banyancanopy.com 

Thanks. 

10 minutes ago, amkhin said:

Social Icons just disappeared on my site also.

Your icons disappeared because of a syntax error in your Product Breadcrumbs extension installation.

The following line needs to end with a >

<!-- End of Product Breadcrumbs extension for Squarespace -----------------------------------

...becomes...

<!-- End of Product Breadcrumbs extension for Squarespace ----------------------------------->

Let us know how it goes.

48 minutes ago, creedon said:

Your icons disappeared because of a syntax error in your Product Breadcrumbs extension installation.

The following line needs to end with a >

<!-- End of Product Breadcrumbs extension for Squarespace -----------------------------------

...becomes...

<!-- End of Product Breadcrumbs extension for Squarespace ----------------------------------->

Let us know how it goes.

That worked. Thank you so much.  

• 1 month later...

Can anyone recommend a fix for social icons disappearing from a version 7.0 site? The social icons are visible when using Safari, but disappear from the footer when I view the website in Chrome using my Mac laptop. Strangely, the icons do appear in the footer when I check from my iPhone using the Safari and Chrome browsers.

I've tried deleting the social links box and re-adding, as well as disabling Ajax...but no luck.

@LaptopCAT

Please post the URL for a page on your site where we can see your issue.

If your site is not public please set up a site-wide password, if you've not already done so.

Post the password here.

Adding a site-wide password does not allow anyone to alter your site. It only allows those with the password to see your site. Please read the documentation at the link provided to understand how it works.

Please read the documentation at the link provided on how to share a link to your site to understand how it works. A link to the backend of the your site won’t work for us, i.e. a url that contains /config/.

We can then take a look at your issue.