7.0 - Changing primary navigation font size

• Replies 4
  • Views 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see you are using a member of the Brine family. This is a 7.0 template so the directions are the following:

Open set up. Make sure the Nav bar is on the page, then choose design site styles, click the nav bar. The menu on the left updates, scroll down until you see Header: primary navigation, Choose the font drop down sub menu, use the slider to adjust the size or type in the size you want. Then double click  save at the top of the panel. 

1 hour ago, derricksrandomviews said:

I see you are using a member of the Brine family. This is a 7.0 template so the directions are the following:

Open set up. Make sure the Nav bar is on the page, then choose design site styles, click the nav bar. The menu on the left updates, scroll down until you see Header: primary navigation, Choose the font drop down sub menu, use the slider to adjust the size or type in the size you want. Then double click  save at the top of the panel. 

Thank you very much for the advice! Unfortunately, it doesn't work. Maybe it is a technical problem, because I am trying to change other parameters and it does not allow me to save any change. 

20 hours ago, Stylianos said:

I choose the primary navigation line, I go to styles, fonts, I choose the size, save but it doesn't work.

Even when I refresh the page still it doesn't work. Any recommendations? 

This is not a bug or glitch. It is because someone with admin access to the site has fixed the header navigation font and font-size with Custom CSS:

.Header-nav {
    font-family: Bon Vivant Serif Bold;
    font-weight: 300 !important;
    font-style: normal;
    font-size: 14px !important;
    letter-spacing: .3em;
    text-transform: lowercase;
}

The Custom CSS will override the settings in the Site Styles panel. You can allow the font-size to be changed by removing the relevant section of CSS in Design > Custom CSS.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Archived