Feedback on Site

Site URL: https://www.sharelife.plus/

Would be interested in any feedback you folks could provide on my site

The saas product is in development -- the current objective is to collect "early adopter" email addresses

I've been advertising on Google and have an okay CTR -- Conversion Rate is Okay -- but i'd like to improve my conversion rate

I don't want to hard sell -- rather respect people who generally would be > 30 years old and have some experience

I believe establishing trust is needed -- are there obvious things i could add or delete?

Anything small?  Obvious? 

I have one badge i can add to the site -- will have to create a separate post elsewhere on that since i'd prefer to add a linked badge in the footer -- and see no way to do that!

Thanks in advance!

• Replies 8
  • Views 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I find the concept very interesting even more so since I am a writer and share it with friends and family. FB is my main sharing place and pinterest and email and since a lot of social media can get a bit, well a bit mean, at times, I find your concept a good one. The only suggestion I have is to put the form on the header on a button, let folks see the whole banner and then if they want to request or register for the discount they can open the form. 

https://myrandomviews.com/

Hi Derrick

Clicked through to your site -- I used to have a thing for Annie Lennox  🙂

But who didn't ...

Easy to see you love writing and you write well -- that site is about giving yourself a place to express yourself -- right?

In a sense, The ShareLife concept takes what you do today, keeps it 100% private and gives your "recipients" the option to someday buy their own subscription and "share forward" your writing and images to their children and grandchildren -- and so on.  Everything we post on FB and other social media will get lost over time.  Technically, whatever people post in ShareLife could be "shared forward" as long as there's an internet.  🙂

The Form in the Header -- I know -- I was not thrilled to put it there but the people helping me pull this project together insisted i put it there.  They also insisted i have a pop up.  Having a sign-up form in that location is very common (I made it as small as i was able) and they claimed the pop-up will increase conversions by 35%.  I don't know if it gets me anything but about 10% of my conversions come from the pop up.  I don't want to be a pushy site in any way -- prefer to respect my subscriber base which i assume would mostly be >40 and have seen everything -- but sometimes you have to compromise a bit.

With the forms, I'm just doing what I'm told.  🙂

I've thought the writing community would be a very good subscriber segment since writers love to write and this gives them a chance to have their writing passed on over multiple generations -- doesn't have to be family either.  I've wanted to engage the writing community to gauge their reaction but haven't yet had the nerve to post a link on Reddit or Quora.  I don't want to be tacky -- not sure how to proceed -- I suppose I'll figure it out eventually -- maybe this post will push me to find a way.

Thanks for the feedback!

Bernie

On 6/18/2020 at 10:17 PM, derricksrandomviews said:

I find the concept very interesting even more so since I am a writer and share it with friends and family. FB is my main sharing place and pinterest and email and since a lot of social media can get a bit, well a bit mean, at times, I find your concept a good one. The only suggestion I have is to put the form on the header on a button, let folks see the whole banner and then if they want to request or register for the discount they can open the form. 

https://myrandomviews.com/

Hi there!

I just have had a cursory look at your site. That looks amazing. It features what you want to speak up to your heart. I am also a beginner level learner. The site that you have reflects you somewhat a sufficient experience in handling in all of these stuff. My point, I am also planning to have the same spot as that of yours, to feature my ideas, pictures, videos etc.  Apart, how do you handle the site speed and performance because, I suppose, media files make site speed heavier. Nevertheless, can you please share your experience in this regard. 

Regards. 

Hi Jay

I haven't done much to concern myself with speed and performance other than follow squarespace guidelines

I've made some images as low quality as i can while ensuring they don't look poor -- that's about it.

One thing -- I've taken some images and overlayed them with opaque white to make them less crisp so that the black font would be more easily seen

You can do some free photo editing here -- Pixlr

Another beginner tip -- I was able to add some CSS code to highlight some area of text -- all i did was google what i wanted to do and some sites have the code right there -- you copy and paste the code and voila! -- you did it.  Key thing -- you need to know what you want to apply the CSS code to.  You want to add "Squarespace Block Identifier" to your browser -- it ID's the blocks on your webpage -- its a great productivity tool.

19 hours ago, ShareLife-plus said:

Hi Jay

I haven't done much to concern myself with speed and performance other than follow squarespace guidelines

I've made some images as low quality as i can while ensuring they don't look poor -- that's about it.

One thing -- I've taken some images and overlayed them with opaque white to make them less crisp so that the black font would be more easily seen

You can do some free photo editing here -- Pixlr

Another beginner tip -- I was able to add some CSS code to highlight some area of text -- all i did was google what i wanted to do and some sites have the code right there -- you copy and paste the code and voila! -- you did it.  Key thing -- you need to know what you want to apply the CSS code to.  You want to add "Squarespace Block Identifier" to your browser -- it ID's the blocks on your webpage -- its a great productivity tool.

Thanks Sir, You have given very useful guidelines. I would surely follow it. Since, I am a beginner, It would take me a couple of hours to digest your tips at all. And for CSS Codes, thanks a lot, It really makes the work superb and more comfortable. 

16 hours ago, derricksrandomviews said:

Speed has not been an issue for me as well. Sometimes i have an image that is slow loading on mobile. i just make adjustments to it, remove the animation, make the file size smaller but it is rare to have to do that.

Derrick. 

Derrick, I have also observed that your site is really cool on mobile. It is responsive, indeed. And, how to do you compress the size of file? Do you use any external tool?

Thanks & Regards..

On 6/21/2020 at 3:57 PM, derricksrandomviews said:

I don't compress the files, I may on occasion edit them with Corel Paint Shop pro to reduce the file size if one is bigger than the maximum size allowed. 

Great. but sir, don't you think it is somehow lengthy and hectic thing to process each and every image individually. I have also tried with your mentioned method, It really works great. 

Regards,

Archived