• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search
Tusc

Video delay & pixelation on cover page

Site URL: http://www.drserencardoso.com

Hi There,

When I open my homepage (which is a cover page with video) on desktop it starts on the fall-back image which is pixelated (fine on mobile) and then only after a couple seconds the video starts but when it starts the video too is pixelated and only goes high-def after 9 seconds. On vimeo it is high def from the beginning. I have superfast internet, this is not a problem on other pages. I understand there can be minor delays but I really need to fix this to be as perfect as possible. Is there a fix please? Can someone help? I want the video to start sooner and I don't want it to buffer at all if possible. 

Thank you 

Posted (edited)

I'm having the exact same issue - after emailing and being redirected 3-4 different times they blamed my internet, Vimeo, my custom code (the code i have has nothing to do with videos), one guy even tried to say it wasn't blurry. It seems this has been a common issue in the last few months

Would love if they just fixed this bug instead of trying to pretend it's not a thing

Edited by estherfete

Me too. I have to deal with the same situation. And my internet does not interrupt at all. 
I made some searching on Google about this matter. I suppose that pixelation sometimes happens when data in video files are significantly compressed in order to make the video files smaller and reduce memory usage.