Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search

Site URL: https://eveslaughterart.com/

Hi,

I hope someone can help me.  My website displays my artwork.  On my homepage, I use a gallery block to showcase each piece. Each image opens into a lightbox.  On desktop, all you have to do is hover and you can see the description.  Which is fine. However, when viewed on a mobile device, in order to see the lightbox description, the viewer has to click on a small unlabeled DOT in the lower right to view the image description.  You barely see the dot, and it isn't clear that a viewer needs to click on it.  Is there a way to have the image description BELOW the image without the hover/overlap? Or, instead of a "DOT", could this be replaced with "More Info"?

I've already reached out to Squarespace Helpdesk, and there isn't a solution.  I feel like this is an easy fix with the proper CSS.  Is there anyone that may have a solution?  

Thank you so much!!!

Hi. Sorry for the late reply.

Add this to Home > Design > Custom CSS

@media screen and (max-width:640px) {
a.sqs-lightbox-meta-trigger {
    visibility: hidden;
    width: 50% !important;
}
a.sqs-lightbox-meta-trigger:before {
    visibility: visible;
    content: "More Info";
}
}

You can send your question to my email to get faster answer. / How to Setup Password & Share URL 

-- I'm Tuan. I work for a non-profit project (build free libraries). I check the forum once or twice a day to help out the community. If you don't see me answering your question, you can send it to the email above. There are so many questions every day so I can't answer them all at once, I will try to answer them in the next few days.