Lock Screen Styles

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

I am wondering if anyone else is having the issue where you do not have the option to change the font and color styles for the headline and body of the lock screen? 

I am only given the option to change the style for the background, lock and password.

On the Squarespace "Designing a lock screen" webpage,  it says you can change the style for the headline and body. https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/articles/205815178-Designing-a-lock-screen

Any ideas?

Screen Shot 2020-06-15 at 3.18.45 PM.png

• Solution
On 6/15/2020 at 11:21 PM, carollyne said:

I am wondering if anyone else is having the issue where you do not have the option to change the font and color styles for the headline and body of the lock screen? 

You can change these on Squarespace 7.0 sites, but these options are yet to be added to Squarespace 7.1. It would be worth logging a request with Customer Care if you need this feature, as that is how they collate feature requests.

In the meantime, you can only modify the page by manually adding CSS via Code Injection. To do this, go to Settings > Advanced > Code Injection > Lock Screen and add the CSS within style tags. 

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, callmediv said:

Hi everyone, new to the forum.

Bumping this post as I'm also having this issue and it seems to be an oversight. @tuanphan I have seen that you are highly regarded in this forum and if you might be able to provide a solution here I would really appreciate it.

I think you can customize everything with some custom Css.

If you share link to your site & describe in detail. We can help easier.

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

• 2 months later...
On 8/9/2020 at 6:53 PM, tuanphan said:

I think you can customize everything with some custom Css.

If you share link to your site & describe in detail. We can help easier.

Hi @tuanphan

I was wondering if you could help with this? 🙂 This is the link to my website, puhonkeepsakes.com

I just want to change the fonts of the text to my custom font. 🙂

On 10/14/2020 at 5:24 PM, isabellewarren said:

Hi @tuanphan

I was wondering if you could help with this? 🙂 This is the link to my website, puhonkeepsakes.com

I just want to change the fonts of the text to my custom font. 🙂

Add to Home > Settings > Advanced > Code Injection > Lock Screen

<style>
  @font-face {
  	font-family: tuanphan;
    src: url(paste font file url here);
  }
  * {
  	font-family: tuanphan !important;
  }
</style>

Or send to forum message

• 3 weeks later...

Still this problem exists. I'm trying to style my lock screen before I take down my site to make some changes.

This is really poor from Squarespace. No ability to change any styles apart from the password input. 

I'm also not able to use the code injection workaround as I'm not on a premium plan. 

Any timeframe from when we can expect a fix?

✦✦
Co-founder Hundred Studio 👋

• 1 month later...

Chiming in here to hopefully help this topic get some more traction. Being able to style the lock screen as a "coming soon" page in 7.1 is absolutely necessary and the fact that style options for things like font, photo overlay, etc. are missing from 7.1 on this has to be an oversight. Just make this work like it did in 7.0! Not sure why this wouldn't be possible?! It's imperative to be able to have a branded coming soon page!

Read my eCommerce Blog or Subscribe to my eCommerce Newsletter for all things Squarespace x eCommerce. 

• 1 month later...

@jffryarlyn yes, the response has been disappointing at best. I've submitted this as an issue repeatedly and get the same response that they've "made a note of it" and "can't guarantee" when or if it will be worked on. The thing that just baffles me completely is that the functionality already exists... on 7.0. I could understand if lock page styles were somehow linked to site styles (at least then things would be cohesive!) but lock page styles live in their own little ecosystem. So just use the same lock page styles as already exist on 7.0??!! Literally nothing would have to change? I don't understand this. AT ALL.

Read my eCommerce Blog or Subscribe to my eCommerce Newsletter for all things Squarespace x eCommerce. 

10 hours ago, tuanphan said:

If anyone need to style lock screen with custom code. You can post link here + describe, we will give the code

@tuanphan you're great for offering this although it still just seems like something that should just work as expected across the board. It's such a simple thing. Just make 7.1 lock screens the same as 7.0. That's it. That's the "update." 

4 hours ago, KristineNeilStudio said:

@tuanphan you're great for offering this although it still just seems like something that should just work as expected across the board. It's such a simple thing. Just make 7.1 lock screens the same as 7.0. That's it. That's the "update." 

Totally agree! PLEASE make the headline and body text editable colors.

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, organic_emma said:

@tuanphan I've used your code injection above to customise the font, but I also need to change the colour of the font, can you help with this?

Which element? Input text, title text or? Can you share link to lock page on your site?

Or send to forum message

On 4/21/2021 at 2:48 PM, organic_emma said:

Add to Settings > Advanced > Code Injection > Lock Screen

<style>
  .sqs-slice-group.group-copy * {
    color: white !important;
}
</style>

Or send to forum message

• 1 month later...
On 6/3/2021 at 11:27 PM, cltexan said:

Almost a year from the original post and this is still an issue, huh? Maybe Squarespace just can't figure this problem out?

@tuanphan, if you could help me with the code to increase my logo size, it would be SOOOOOO appreciated?!

https://www.artifactslux.com

Hi. It looks like you solved with this code?

.sqs-slice-image img, .sqs-slide-wrapper[data-slide-type="lock-screen"] [data-compound-type="logo"][data-slice-type="image"] {
    max-height: 500px !important;
}

Or send to forum message

2 hours ago, DanielGlazenburg said:

Hey guys.

Are we able to change the lock screen text colour? I read somewhere that this cannot be changed in 7.1

https://www.bwgrp.com.au is my site.

Hoping I can use #214396 for my text colour

Add to Settings > Advanced > Code Injection > Lock Page

<style>
  * {
  	color: #214396 !important;
  }
</style>

Or send to forum message

• 1 month later...

@tapenade

Please post the URL for a page on your site that uses the font.

If your site is not public please set up a site-wide password, if you've not already done so.

Post the password here.

Adding a site-wide password is not a security breach. Please read the documentation at the link provided to understand how it works.

We can then take a look at your issue.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.