Subscription products Subscriber management

Site URL: http://www.runtobeer.ca

Am I missing something or is Squarespace missing an obvious way to manage subscription products and customers?

There is no list of active subscriptions?

There is no way to get customers who subscribed to a product on an email list. You can export a product but have to manually edit out the duplicate orders for each month and find the cancellations.

There is no way to even see how many subscriptions are sold? Or cancelled?

Does anyone have any work arounds or can suggest another platform to use that integrates and better manages this?

Hey @directivecollective!

22 hours ago, directivecollective said:

There is no way to even see how many subscriptions are sold? Or cancelled?

Squarespace's subscription features are covered in this article, but I couldn't find some of the questions you asked there so I'd recommend reaching out to their support to see if they have updates on this front.

21 hours ago, directivecollective said:

Does anyone have any work arounds or can suggest another platform to use that integrates and better manages this?

I'm helping build Memberstack which lets you manage user logins, memberships & gate content for Squarespace websites. You can add it to your website without writing code and customize it to match the look & feel of your website — let me know if you have specific questions about it. Happy to help! 🙂

Best,

• 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Squarespace needs to get on the ball with their subscription products. I'm finding more and more that using them for recurring transactions is going to be a nightmare because you can't update customer info. If you have a customer for a long time, which is what recurring transactions are for, you have to assume you'll need to update their address occasionally. But... you can't. I'm really baffled by how little they've thought through what it's actually like to have a business where you're trying to keep the process seamless for the people who are giving you money. 

6 hours ago, CarolBaskin said:

Squarespace needs to get on the ball with their subscription products. I'm finding more and more that using them for recurring transactions is going to be a nightmare because you can't update customer info. If you have a customer for a long time, which is what recurring transactions are for, you have to assume you'll need to update their address occasionally. But... you can't. I'm really baffled by how little they've thought through what it's actually like to have a business where you're trying to keep the process seamless for the people who are giving you money. 

their subscription feature was one of the things that made me make the switch to Squarespace but i quickly found out that this feature was utterly lacking. i use MoonClerk to manage my subscriptions and it works great -- i can update customer information, skip or pause subscriptions, even adjust the frequency. it's also easy to see when each subscriber is going to be charged. Squarespace's subscription feature is a joke and it boggles the mind why they would offer such a flawed product and why, after all this time, they haven't done anything to fix it because it's shortcomings have been pointed out to them so many times by so many people.

20 hours ago, CarolBaskin said:

Squarespace needs to get on the ball with their subscription products.

Sadly, this is a story I hear on a daily basis from Squarespace customers who've designed a site and only just discovered these limitations. I doubt it will help, but I've published a list of some of the missing Commerce features including several subscription issues.

Unfortunately Squarespace don't routinely monitor this forum for feature requests or customer concerns (see the guidelines - item 6) so I recommend you contact Squarespace Customer Care directly to explain your concerns and request the feature(s) that you need. The more they hear from customers who are affected by missing features, the easier it will be for them to prioritise them.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.