Domain Transfer Cancellation

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 3
  • Views 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am having the same issue. I was unaware that a transfer would not allow me to make changes to DNS entries or be short of any real editing power, like cancelling the transfer, releasing to another domain provider, or simply checking to see that all entries were correct. Squarespace offers no access to a control panel to, well, control this process. I now have a client that does not want to wait 'up to 15 days' for their site to transfer. I want to stop this process, authorize the release of the domain, receive an authorization code, and go back to where the domain was previously parked. PLEASE HELP. Thank you!

Screen Shot 2020-07-02 at 9.08.30 AM.png

Hi everyone,

Thanks for posting about the issues you are experiencing while attempting to transfer your domain! 

For domain transfer issues, contacting Squarespace Customer Support would be the best approach as they will be able to take a closer look into your site from the backend and offer personalized assistance. 

@Stacie1570047729, Squarespace has a help article with steps on canceling a domain transfer that you might find helpful:

Transferring a domain to Squarespace - Cancel or remove the transfer

If you would need any further assistance, please reach out to Customer Support. 

For now, I am closing this post. 

Archived