Issues with 7.1 Product Pages

Site URL: https://radius-books.squarespace.com

Pass: radius

I've got a client site I'm working on that needs a good bit of CSS to make the overall product page work the way they want it to. Some things I'm still having issues with:

-- Not sure when this happened, but thumbnails on product pages for product galleries in a slideshow format now have a weird border around them. I looked at the code and discovered the thumbnails are now a button class, which I can't figure out how to remove. My client just wants to remove it. I haven't been able to figure out how to.

-- Also, I've seen it described here before but I didn't see a solid, usable answer: While there is a default option in 7.1 to show an alternate image on Product Gallery Pages, the default behavior just fades the image to white. I was able to override it with the plugin from SQSPThemes, but that in turn has made the image itself not clickable on Product Gallery pages. Only the title of the product is clickable. Anyone have a native CSS solution alternatively to the plugin?

Screen Shot 2020-06-11 at 7.58.42 PM.png

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you @tuanphan! The button code worked. I think I tried every variation except that 🙂

For the product gallery page, right now I have code in the site to force the site to show the alternate image, not sure if Squarespace removed the option for it, but without the code, it fades to white; Right now, my client, in addition to showing the alternate image, they want the image itself to be able to be clicked so it can go to the product page.

Any of the main shop pages will work, so /new-releases, /coming-soon, etc.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi @justin.mabee, thanks for your reply - do keep me in the loop if you have success.

Meantime I have reported the issue to Squarespace and they are looking into it. I will let you know the outcome - it may take several days to get a result.

I did discover however that it works correctly on Chrome but not Firefox.

SQSP suggested it may be my CSS but as it works on Chrome they have acknowledged it’s not the coding. Also had to go through all the usual clearing of history, cache, etc. on Firefox.

I think SQSP have now acknowledged something is wrong on 7.1 - fingers crossed!

• 2 weeks later...

@justin.mabee thanks for the heads up and the plugin.

However, I am reluctant to buy a commercial license to use this when it should work seamlessly in Squarespace without any code - after all it works fine on Chrome without any plugins.

I just checked back with SQSP and the problem is not fixed yet with no idea when it will be ...

Really trickey when one is lining up client websites to launch!

Another glitch in 7.1!

Archived