ERROR: Couldn't Clone Collection

I am attempting to customize the Moksha template, but every time I click on an area of the template to edit (ex: Banner, Title, Content Block) I get the following error: 

"Couldn’t clone collection

Check each section to make sure all field requirements are met."

Has anyone experienced this? 

Can anyone offer some guidance to this Squarespace newbie? 

Thanks much! 

• Replies 12
  • Views 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did you change code in template via sftp?

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date picker form field)
💫 Gallery block 7.1 workaround
🥳 Sparkplugin Customisations Browsers (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Elfsight Template Browsers (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!

• 4 weeks later...
23 hours ago, JudyNeptune said:

I have the same problem! 

Can someone help? It's annoying ... :(

23 hours ago, JudyNeptune said:

I just found the solution, I had another template activated and the new template was also activated, but as I uninsatlled the old moksha template the sofia template worked, i hope it helps :)

YES! JudyNeptune is right. I had the same problem, uninstalled several templates I wasn't using, and now it's fine. :)

On 6/11/2020 at 5:45 PM, StoriedCorey said:

I am attempting to customize the Moksha template, but every time I click on an area of the template to edit (ex: Banner, Title, Content Block) I get the following error: 

"Couldn’t clone collection

Check each section to make sure all field requirements are met."

Has anyone experienced this? 

Can anyone offer some guidance to this Squarespace newbie? 

Thanks much! 

Yes, I fixed it. JudyNeptune (see below) had the answer. Uninstall any other templates, because they're conflicting with it. Once you do that, your current template will work! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/24/2020 at 11:47 AM, Idea Collective said:

Cheberly603 is correct, this is hugely problematic if you are trying to update your site with a new template and you need to keep your current site live. This did not use to be a problem. What is the deal @SQUARESPACE!!??

@Idea Collective   i don't know what happened but a few days ago my page suddenly fixed itself and i was then able to modify the new site. Hope yours is good to go now too!

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/24/2020 at 12:47 PM, Idea Collective said:

Cheberly603 is correct, this is hugely problematic if you are trying to update your site with a new template and you need to keep your current site live. This did not use to be a problem. What is the deal @SQUARESPACE!!??

Same! Trying to edit a new template with the old site live and keep running into this problem! Anyone have any suggestions?

Archived