Style Gallery Slideshow Caption

Site URL: http://www.mirodenck.com/wilcox

Hey there,

I am using slideshow galleries to showcase my various projects in my portfolio. Right now I always have a static text underneath and a clickthrough slideshow. Instead I would rather have it more dynamic by having a different caption according to each image. I know that there's the possibility to add captions, but they always end up within the image and on a rather unsatisfying grey transparent block. What I am looking for in fact, is something like this slideshow here, which has it's description underneath the photo but changing with every click:

http://www.cordovacanillas.com/work

Thanks so much, any help is welcome 🙂

Miro

• Replies 2
  • Views 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi!

I found a workaround for this by using the code below to just change the caption box background colour and opacity altogether.  I set a caption (title/description) for each photo, and set the caption so show all the time (instead of only on hover).

.sqs-gallery-block-slideshow .meta {
background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.6)
}

Not sure if that's what you are looking for. I got the code from this thread:

5 hours ago, SAL1570048383 said:

Hi!

I found a workaround for this by using the code below to just change the caption box background colour and opacity altogether.  I set a caption (title/description) for each photo, and set the caption so show all the time (instead of only on hover).

.sqs-gallery-block-slideshow .meta {
background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.6)
}

Not sure if that's what you are looking for. I got the code from this thread:

This seems like a correct answer, as we need to wait for miroschnee enable his caption images to make sure

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date picker form field)
💫 Gallery block 7.1 workaround
🥳 Sparkplugin Customisations Browsers (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Elfsight Template Browsers (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!

Archived