Variable Product Subscriptions

Site URL: https://roastologycoffee.com

We are a coffee roasting business currently using WooCommerce ( the site URL above) and want to move to Squarespace.  We sell variable subscription coffee products where a customer can choose using a drop down box either a one-time purchase or a subscription of once per week, bi-weekly, or monthly on the same product. How can we accomplish this with Squarespace without creating 4 different products?

1 hour ago, Dan_ said:

We sell variable subscription coffee products where a customer can choose a one-time purchase or a subscription of once per week, bi-weekly, or monthly on the same product. How can we accomplish this with Squarespace without creating 4 different products?

You cannot accomplish this with Squarespace without creating separate products. Also, customers will not be able to checkout with a subscription and a one-time purchase in the same transaction.

Subscriptions are a fairly new feature on Squarespace and so they do not have many advanced features yet. For example:

• You cannot view the number of active subscriptions.
  • Customers cannot change their shipping address. They must cancel and re-subscribe.
  • Customers  cannot checkout with a subscription and a one-time product in the same transaction.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 2 years later...

I'm running into a similar issue.  However, I'm trying to offer subscriptions with quantity variables.  Is there a way to do that?  Right now I can only offer monthly subscriptions with a single quantity (the customer can't choose to purchase more per month).  Any suggestions?  

37 minutes ago, RoaringPages said:

I'm trying to offer subscriptions with quantity variables. Is there a way to do that?

It is only possible to purchase a single subscription per order.

The only workaround is to offer a second subscription at a higher price. For example the 'Two packets of coffee subscription' in addition to the 'One packet of coffee subscription'.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 1 year later...

I am in the middle of Squarespace set up of a subscription store for our Chocolate company.  I have had headache after headache setting this up and have spent hours online with tech support.  They get me part of the way but not enough to actually launch the store.

We need our clients to be able to populate their own Monthly Subscription with the varieties (we have 12 flavors) and the quantity of each variety.  We can basically get it done but then there are lots of problems like: controlling the number of bars chosen to the package chosen.  For instance: they can choose a package of 12 bars per month on the Product Page but then after clicking "Subscribe" they are taken to the product page.  Here we want them to choose the bar flavors and the quantity of each flavor they want in their subscription.  But, there is no way to limit the number of bars they choose to the subscription package size.  Nor does there seem to be a way to show them a count down as they choose flavors of how many they have left to choose.

Can anyone give me some advice on this?  I have the system set up to discount properly based on subscription size and I can generate a Subscription I just cannot control the process professionally.  Is this a place for paying someone to generate some custom code?

Help!

1FBD96BA-7EB0-4D16-8272-D246B5901522.jpeg

FD626C53-0AA8-4903-A60A-5613199A85D2.jpeg