how do I set up blog latest posts link in Sidebar for Avenue

Site URL: http://www.janeyfritsche.com

I just set up a blog for the first time today, and I thought it would automatically fill in the link on the right-hand Sidebar (for Avenue) with the latest post link.  However, it is empty.  The blog template shows some fake entries (see attachment below).  I am confounded. 

Screen Shot 2020-06-07 at 6.07.59 PM.png

My current website that I want to redesign so that it is scalable is janeynow.com

• Replies 8
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi Tuanphan,

No, I haven't solved the problem.  I still haven't figured out how to:

•  set the width of the summary list on the right so that it doesn't overlap the content on the left

•  add links in that summary list for each blog entry.

I've been digging through copious amounts of info on the site, and nothing has helped.

I'm using 7.0 Avenue.

My current website that I want to redesign so that it is scalable is janeynow.com

Are you using a page with summary blocks or just the built in Blog Listing page?  Sidebar is available on blog page not on pages with summaries. Once you choose in site styles where it will appear, on the left or right, you will get a text block at the top. Click on the insert dot and in the menu that pops up, scroll down to filters and lists and  choose archive. You can layout your posts various ways from that point under layout with list being the most common. I use an Avenue summary page with an archive in the header as opposed to using an archive in a sidebar on the blog page. 

Hi Derrick!  I'm new to using Blog within the Avenue template.  It just defaulted to this side bar on the right that has LATEST POSTS at the top.  But I can't figure out how to:

•  change the width of the sidebar so that it does not overlay part of the posting

•  add a link to each blog post (now only a total of two)

Here is a link to my website.  Could you please take a look?  janeyfritsche.com

While in setup click on the blog page, then hit the arrow at the top of setup to take it back to home. Then choose design/site styles. Click the sidebar and the menu will update to blog styles. There you will see a slider for blog width and blog post spacing.   Then edit the sidebar, Choosing archive will put up the latest posts with a link to all posts. I would use under display, the list option. Make sure you save everything you do. 

https://myrandomviews.com/

Thanks, Derrick.  When I looked earlier, the Blog Styles wasn't there but now it is.  However, it doesn't show how to add padding before the sidebar, so it is still overlapping with the content image on the left.  Do you know how to get padding between the two?

I'll need to find where to choose archive.

You must have magical abilities, Derrick.  Since you responded, I found some options that I didn't see earlier.  (Maybe I needed to clear my cache.  🙂  Got the archive going.  Now I just need to figure out the spacing between the sidebar and the content in the blog.

BTW, I see you live in a motorhome.  Have you gone to the RTR?

Archived