Blog- How to get picturds on main page?

• Replies 2
  • Views 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This appears to be a 7.1 site and I can understand the confusion. Let me see if I can help you out. Images can go on the blog page header and also as the header of each post. So lets start with the first thing.  Go into config, choose pages, then choose blog page. At that point the blog "summary" page comes up on the right a list of posts on the left.  The blog summary page  isn't the same thing as a summary block on a page, which is important to know. At that point you create a blog post, by clicking the + sign at the top of the left side of the page or if you have a blog post then you would want to go into edit. That is done by choosing the little thumbnail under that + sign and click edit. Once you do that the post opens up, and at the very top of the page you have the title of the post or a note that says no title. You can click on that or on the gear icon on the top right of the page. The edit mode panel opens for the post. There you enter your title and where it says "write here", you hover over that and an insert dot shows up, click that, another smaller  panel opens with all kinds of blocks and options in it, one of which is an image block. You add one of those and edit it to add a picture which will show up on the post but not on the main blog "summary list" page, not yet anyway. To get that to happen choose the options tab in that  blog post edit panel. There you have a little window that says upload if its empty or edit if it isn't. If you want a new image, delete the one that is there and upload a new one.  Save everything once you have your pic uploaded, you save by choosing done. 

There you have it, not as simple as pie, but not that bad of a procedure. If you need any more help don't hesitate to post here and ask. 

Derrick 

Archived